Updates on Phillies’ minor league players from around winter ball during the last week –
- Aaron Altherr hasn’t played since November 18th.
- Willians Astudillo hasn’t played since November 23rd, his only appearance where he hit a 3-run HR in a 1-4 outing.
- Emmanuel Marrero hasn’t played since November 26th.
- Cameron Perkins hasn’t played since October 29th.
- Darin Ruf hasn’t played since October 31st. I read that he suffered a muscle strain, returned to the US for a second opinion, and was sent home for the winter.
- Wilber Oberto hasn’t played since November 4th.
- Jesse Biddle hasn’t pitched since November 8th when he was shut down for the winter after an injury.
- Ethan Martin hasn’t pitched since November 29th.
- Lino Martinez hasn’t pitched since November 6th.
- Yacksel Rios hasn’t pitched since November 18th.
- Alexis Rivero hasn’t pitched since October 20th.
Position players – Continue reading Winter Ball Round Up: Nov. 30 – Dec. 6
Going into the 2014 season, there was hope, promise, and some sort of optimism that we could see some great performances and talented players in Reading.
Though the All-Star Game is far past the midway point of the Eastern League season, I figured it was as good a time as any to recap the first “half” of the season (if we can really call it that), and take a look back while looking ahead to the team’s final 49 games.
While the outstanding performances have been few and far between, some great things did happen this year. But, for the most part, the story of the 2014 Reading club has been written over the past month: it’s a flawed team that doesn’t have a ton of talent, and they have scuffled to a 38-55 record. Continue reading Reading Report: At the Break
I wish I had something fresh, new and exciting to report with the Fightins this past week. Alas, with the team’s 0-6 record, there just isn’t much to talk about here, so we will keep this to a bare-bones recap.
Continue reading Reading Report: 6/16-6/22
It was a mediocre 2-3 week for the Fightins over these past five contests, with a rainout thrown in against New Britain on Thursday. Let’s get to the big stories of the week, including one man on the comeback trail, and another getting his first taste of the Bigs.
Continue reading Reading Report: 6/10-6/15