The Clearwater Threshers (57-51) shut out Bradenton, 1-0 on 2 hits. Jerad Eickhoff retired 6 batters in two rehab innings, striking out two before turning the game over to David Parkinson who tosses seven 2-hit innings. He walked two and struck out seven. He threw 74.7% strikes (56/75).
The Threshers were held to 3 hits and one walk. They scored the game’s only run in the seventh inning on Kyle Martin’s sacrifice fly. J.P Crawford went 1-3 with a run scored. Henri Lartigue and Edgar Cabral also had hits. Their only other base runner reached on a fielding error.
- #1 Sixto Sanchez (4-3, 2.51) – placed on the 7-day DL in June, 2018
- #3 Adonis Medina (9-3, 4.96) – DNP
- #6 Mickey Moniak (.252) – went 0-4
- #12 Daniel Brito went 0-4 with 2 K
- #11 Arquimedes Gamboa (.219) – DNP
- #17 Jose Gomez (.223) – went 0-3 with a K
- #20 David Parkinson (1-0, 0.00) – 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
GCP Phillies East (21-15) beat Yankees West, 3-1. Mario Sanchez tossed a perfect rehab inning, 3 ground balls. Dominic Pipkin got he win with three scoreless innings. Kyle Arjona made his professional debut and struck out 2 in a perfect inning. Mark Potter followed with two,scoreless innings. Brian Auerbach struck out two in an inning. And, Bailey Cummings picked up his second save in a one-run inning.
Luke Miller (.294) went 2-3 and provided all the offense the Phillies would need with 3-run HR (2).
- #25 Dominic Pipkin (1-1, 2.61) – 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
GCL Phillies West (19-17) no game scheduled.
- #14 Luis Garcia (.377) – DNP
Lehigh Valley (69-43) split a double header with Syracuse, losing 3-1 and winning 11-5.
Game One: Tom Eshelman pitched a seven inning, complete game. He gave up 3 runs on 7 hits, one walk, and 5 strike outs. All three runs scored on the 2 HRs he gave up. The IronPigs managed just 3 hits and 2 walks. Aaron Altherr went 1-1 with 2 walks.
- #28 Tom Eshelman (2-10, 5.48) – 7.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
Game Two: In a bullpen game, Jake Thompson pitched two innings and gave up a run on 2 hits. Mark Leiter got the win pitching two innings and giving up a run on 3 hits. Edubray Ramos gave up a 3-run HR in his inning. Hector Neris struck out 2 in his. And Pedro Beato finished with a clean inning of his own.
The IronPigs put the game away with a 6-run fourth inning. Valentin and Cowgill each had 2 hits and 2 runs scored at the top of the order. Altherr went 1-1 with an RBI, SF, and 2 walks. Joey Meneses (.314) went 3-3 with a double, HR (21), 4 RBI, and a walk. Zach Green went 2-4 with a double, triple, and 3 RBI. Matt McBride went 1-3 with a solo HR (9), 2 RBI, and a walk. Jiandido Tromp had an outfield assist.
- #8 Ranger Suarez (1-0, 2.70) – DNP
- #9 Enyel De Los Santos (9-3, 2.51) – DNP
- #10 Cole Irvin (10-3, 2.77) – DNP
- #15 Roman Quinn (.296) – recalled by Phillies on 7/27/2018
- #16 Dylan Cozens (.248) – recalled by Phillies on 7/31/2018
- #21 Drew Anderson (8-3, 3.91) – DNP
- #28 Tom Eshelman (2-10, 5.48) – DNP
Reading (51-60) beat Bowie, 7-4. Alexis Rivero gave up 1 run on 2 hits and 4 walks in 4.2 innings. Seth McGarry got the win with an ineffective inning of work. Kyle Dohy salvaged McGarry’s bases loaded situation and retired the four batters he faced. Edgar Garcia gave up a 2-run HR in his one inning. Jeff Singer walked the bases loaded in the ninth withouot getting an out. Josh Tols conceded a run on a bunt ground out then struck out the next two batters for his first save.
Jose Pujols went 2-4 with a 3-run HR (1) in the sixth. Jan Hernandez followed with a solo shot (13). Cornelius Randolph and Deivi Grullon each had 2 hits. Grullon picked a runner off third base.
- #4 Adam Haseley (.338) – went 1-5 with a run scored, K
- #5 JoJo Romero (7-6, 3.80) – placed on the 7-day DL on 7/20/18
- #22 Kyle Dohy (0-2, 4.50) – 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- #23 Cornelius Randolph (.233) – went 2-5 with a run scored, RBI, 2 K
- #24 Connor Seabold (0-2, 6.42) – DNP
Lakewood (70-41) swept Lexington, 3-2 (in ten) and 1-0 (in eight).
Game One: Andrew Brown gave up 2 runs on 3 hits and a walk in seven innings. He struck out six. Luis Carrasco walked 4 and struck out 4 in two innings. Connor Brogdon picked up the win with a perfect inning. Jake Scheiner provided the early runs with an RBI double and a solo HR (11). They scored the winning run on a throwing error.
- #7 Jhailyn Ortiz (.220) went 0-4 with 2 K
- #30 Nick Maton (.274) went 0-3 with a BB, 3 K
Game Two: Gustavo Armas pitched seven, 5-hit innings walking none and striking out six. Zach Warren struck out the side to pick up the win. Matt Vierling drove home the winning run on a sac fly. The BlueClaws won in spite of collecting only 2 hits.
- #7 Jhailyn Ortiz (.218) went 0-3 with a K
- #12 Daniel Brito (.252) promoted to Clearwater, August 3rd.
- #18 Kyle Young (3-3, 2.98) – placed on the 7-day DL on 7/15/18
- #19 Spencer Howard (6-7, 4.34) – DNP
- #20 David Parkinson (8-1, 1.51) – promoted to Clearwater on 8/2/18
- #30 Nick Maton (.274) went 0-1 with 2 BB
Williamsport (20-27) swept West Virginia, 5-2 and 1-0.
Game One: Colton Eastman pitched two innings, giving up a run on 3 hits. Jack Perkins got the win with three innings of one-run ball, striking out four. Keylan Killgore picked up his seventh save with two, one-hit innings. Ben Pelletier (.283) went 3-3 with a double, HBP, 2 RBI. Matt Kroon also went 3-3. Danny Mayer hit his third HR.
- #29 Colton Eastman (0-2,5.63) – 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
Game Two: James McArthur pitched 5.1 shutout innings giving up 3 hits, walking 2, and striking out eight. He left with a runner on base and Rafael Carvajal closed it out but not without some drama, allowing 3 base runners in 1.2 innings. Seth Lancaster drove in the game’s only run. Edwin Rodriguez went 2-3.
- #2 Alec Bohm (.192) – placed on the 7-day DL on 7/14/18
- #13 Francisco Morales – (3-3, 7.11) – DNP
- #26 Kevin Gowdy – 60-day DL
- #29 Jhordany Mezquita (1-0, 3.54) – DNP
- #29 Colton Eastman (0-2,5.63) – DNP
DSL Phillies Red (23-31) lost to the Mets1, 5-2.
DSL Phillies White (29-23) lost to the Mets2, 7-3.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
The rosters and lists are up to date as of August 3rd.
8/4/18–Trevor Bettencourt assigned to Clearwater from GCL Phillies East.
8/4/18–RHP Hsin-Chieh Lin assigned to GCL Phillies East.
8/4/18–RHP Kyle Arjona assigned to GCL Phillies East.
8/4/18–RHP Yoan Antonac assigned to GCL Phillies East.
8/3/18–Lehigh Valley released OF Adron Chambers.
8/3/18–RHP Ranfi Casimiro assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
8/3/18–RHP Alexis Rivero assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
8/3/18–Lehigh Valley placed C Nick Rickles on the 7-day DL. Left forearm contusion.
8/3/18–Lehigh Valley placed LHP Tom Windle on the temporarily inactive list.
8/3/18–Lehigh Valley activated 1B Matt McBride from the 7-day DL.
8/3/18–RF Jose Pujols assigned to Reading from Clearwater
8/3/18–2B Daniel Brito assigned to Clearwater from Lakewood
8/3/18–SS Madison Stokes assigned to Lakewood from Williamsport
8/3/18–SS Jake Holmes assigned to Williamsport from GCL Phillies East.
8/2/18–Philadelphia activated LHP Aaron Loup.
8/2/18–Philadelphia activated LHP Adam Morgan from the paternity list.
8/2/18–Philadelphia optioned RHP Jake Thompson to Lehigh Valley
8/2/18–Philadelphia optioned RHP Yacksel Rios to Lehigh Valley
8/2/18–RHP Andrew Brown assigned to Lakewood from Clearwater
8/2/18–LHP David Parkinson assigned to Clearwater from Lakewood
8/1/18–Philadelphia reassigned RHP Edubray Ramos to the minor leagues.
8/1/18–Philadelphia sent SS J.P. Crawford on a rehab assignment to Clearwater
8/1/18–Philadelphia optioned RHP Edubray Ramos to Lehigh Valley
8/1/18–RHP Alexis Rivero assigned to Lehigh Valley from Reading
8/1/18–RHP Ranfi Casimiro assigned to Lehigh Valley from Reading
8/1/18–Sent LHP Junior Tejada on a rehab assignment to GCL Phillies West.
8/1/18–Sent RHP Jake Kinney on a rehab assignment to GCL Phillies West.