The Clearwater Threshers (26-31) beat Daytona, 6-2.
Adonis Medina held the Tortugas to 2 runs on 3 hits and a walk in five innings. He struck out six, but needed 83 pitches (50 strikes, 60.2%) to navigate those five innings. Josh Tols (0.00) allowed 3 base runners and struck out 3 in two innings. Will Hibbs (4.09) walked two in one inning of work. Aaron Brown (5.28) gave up 2 hits in his one inning.
The Threshers scored single runs in the third and fourth innings to tie the game on Adam Haseley’s two-out RBI single and Jose Pujols two-out solo HR (9). They took the lead with 3 runs in the sixth on Raul Rivas’ two-out 2-run double and Jose Gomez’ two-out RBI single. And, they tacked on an insurance run in the eighth on a two-out throwing error.
Jose Gomez had a 2-hit game. He and Edgar Cabral each stole a base.
Jose Pujols (.311) went 1-3 with 2 runs scored, HR, RBI, BB, and no strike outs.
- #1 Sixto Sanchez (4-3 , 2.51):
- #2 Adonis Medina (6-2, 4.82): 5.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
- #3 Adam Haseley (.286): went 1-5 with an RBI
- #4 Mickey Moniak (.244): went 0-1 and was removed after his first AB
- #8 Arquimedes Gamboa (.271): went 1-5 with a run scored, double
- #17 Jose Gomez (.226): went 2-3 with a BB, RBI, SB
- #21 McKenzie Mills (0-2, 4.67):
- #25 J.D. Hammer (0-0, 0.00):
- #28 Connor Seabold (2-4, 4.37):
- Bailey Falter (4-2, 3.08):
In other action –
Lehigh Valley (32-25) beat Gwinnett, 5-1.
Drew Anderson kept the Stripers off the board during his 5.1 innings. He gave up 5 hits and a walk, and struck out five. Hoby Milner (1.15) took over with 2 runners on base and stranded them while striking out the next two batters. Jake Waguespack (4.50) allowed a couple runners and struck out 2 batters in two innings. Austin Davis (3.09) gave up Gwinnett’s only run in the ninth.
The IronPigs scored a run in the third inning on Dean Anna’s RBI double. They put the game away with 4 runs in the seventh on Anna’s bases-loaded HBP, an RBI ground out, a force out, and Adron Chambers’ RBI single.
Chambers had 3 hits and an outfield assist at second base. Matt McBride had two hits.
- #12 Enyel De Los Santos (5-2, 1.40):
- #13 Tom Eshelman (1-5, 7.06):
- #14 Roman Quinn (.289): 7-day DL, right middle finger strain
- #16 Dylan Cozens (.226): called up to Philadelphia
- #22 Drew Anderson (2-1, 3.33): 5.1 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
- #23 Cole Irvin (7-1, 2.62):
Reading (25-31) lost to Altoona, 4-0.
Elniery Garcia (0-5, 5.12) gave up 4 runs in the first inning and that was all the scoring in the ball game. He went five innings and gave up the 4 runs on 7 hits and 2 walks. He struck out four. Seth McGarry (2.70), Jeff Singer (0.00), and Alexis Rivero (3.00) each pitched a scoreless inning.
The Phils managed five hits, Malquin Canelo (.271) had two of them and a stolen base.
The Curve stole four bases in four attempts on Garcia/Grullon.
- #6 JoJo Romero (3-4, 5.11):
- #7 Franklyn Kilome (1-2, 4.77):
- #9 Ranger Suarez (2-2, 3.75):
- #15 Cornelius Randolph (.189): went 0-3 with a BB
Lakewood (34-24) got their customary good pitching from their starters but split a double header with Hagerstown, winning 5-2 and losing 2-1.
In game one, Ramon Rosso (3-1, 1.62) gave up 2 runs in game one on 6 hits and 3 walks in 5.2 innings while striking out seven. Kyle Dohy (0.95) got the last four outs and his sixth save.
The BlueClaws came from behind with 3 runs in the fourth inning on Colby Fitch’s solo HR (3), Rodolfo Duran’s RBI single, and n RBI ground out. They added an insurance run in the fifth on Jhailyn Ortiz RBI single, and tacked on a run in the seventh on Ortiz’ RBI double.
Jhailyn Ortiz had 2 hits and 2 RBI.
- #5 Jhailyn Ortiz (.254): went 2-4 with a double, 2 RBI
- #11 Daniel Brito (.231): went 1-3 with a run scored
- #30 Nick Maton (.267): went 1-4 with a run scored, double
Will Stewart was even more efficient in game two. He pitched six innings and held the Suns to one run on seven hits. He walked none and struck out five. Addison Russ (5-1, 1.30) took the loss, giving up a walk off HR to the first batter in the seventh.
The BlueClaws scored their only run in the top of the seventh on an RBI ground out.
Jake Scheiner (.278) had 2 of the BlueClaws 5 hits. Quincy Nieporte (.242) went 1-1 with 2 walks.
The BlueClaws hit into 4 double plays (in a seven inning game).
- #5 Jhailyn Ortiz (.250): went 0-2 with a BB
- #11 Daniel Brito (.231): entered as a pinch runner in the seventh
- #18 Kyle Young (1-2, 2.00):
- #20 Spencer Howard (3-4, 5.17):
- #27 Simon Muzziotti (.293): 7-day DL (hand injury, in Clearwater)
- #30 Nick Maton (.269): went 1-2 with a sacrifice
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
One prospect is in Philadelphia.
- #10 Seranthony Dominguez: retains prospect status until June 20th
And these guys are still in Clearwater.
- #19 Francisco Morales: XST
- #24 Luis Garcia: XST
- #26 Kevin Gowdy: not expected to pitch this season
- #29 Jonathan Guzman: XST
There wasn’t much pitching or defense in the DSL as the Phillies Red (0-4) lost, 13-10, and the Phillies White (3-1) lost, 15-11.
It rained off and on Wednesday. I didn’t bother going to the Complex. The XST season wraps up Thursday with the Phillies on the road in Dunedin. The players will likely be told their summer assignments on Friday.
6/6/18–Philadelphia activated SS J.P. Crawford from the 10-day disabled list.
6/6/18–Philadelphia optioned 3B Mitch Walding to Lehigh Valley
6/6/18–Lehigh Valley placed RHP Tom Eshelman on the 7-day DL. Left shin contusion.
6/6/18–Reading placed RHP Jose Taveras on the 7-day DL. Right shoulder strain
6/6/18–Reading activated LHP Elniery Garcia from the 7-day DL
6/6/18–Mitchell Edwards signed as an international free agent, assigned to GCL East
6/5/18–Hsin-Chieh Lin signed as an international free agent, assigned to GCL East
6/5/18–Yoan Antonac signed as an international free agent, assigned to GCL West
6/5/18–Drew Hutchinson elected free agency
6/5/18–Philadelphia sent SS J.P. Crawford on a rehab assignment to Lehigh Valley
6/5/18–RHP JD Hammer assigned to Clearwater from Reading
6/4/18–Phillies sent RHP Drew Hutchison outright to Lehigh Valley
6/2/18–Anderson Parra released
6/2/18–Pedro Ramirez released
6/2/18–Adrian Marin released
6/2/18–Jhonny Palma released
6/2/18–Diego Tamariz released
6/3/18–DSL Phillies Red placed LHP Yefferson Mercedes on the 60-day disabled list.
6/3/18–DSL Phillies White placed RHP Jeison Blanco on the 60-day disabled list.
6/3/18–DSL Phillies White placed RHP Santy Prada on the 60-day disabled list.
6/3/18–Josh Tols assigned to Clearwater from Williamsport .
6/3/18–Andrew Brown assigned to Lakewood from Williamsport .
6/3/18–Spencer Howard assigned to Williamsport from Lakewood .
6/2/18–LHP Nick Fanti assigned to Clearwater from Williamsport .
6/2/18–SS Wilson Valdez assigned to DSL Phillies Red.
The rosters and lists are up to date as of 6/6. I’ve got 322 players in the organization.
- The organization’s rosters
- The organization’s injury list
- The organization’s Rule 5 eligibility list