Lehigh Valley cruised, Brandon Leibrandt won his 4th consecutive game, the Bash Brothers bashed.
Reading was defeated in a rain-shortened game..
Clearwater won as Harold Arauz bailed out starter Franklyn Kilome.
Lakewood won behind Adonis Medina’s gem, Darick Hall added an RBI to his league-leading 72.
Williamsport won, Connor Brogdon earned his first professional win.
The GCL Phillies split a double header.
Lehigh Valley (62-38) beat Durhan, 9-1.
Brandon Leibrandt (4-0, 1.61) gave up an unearned run on 5 hits and 2 walks in 6.0 innings. He struck out four. Pat Venditte (3.31), Jesen Therrien (1.69), and Pedro Beato (2.84) each threw a scoreless inning. Venditte struck out the side in his inning.
The IronPigs score in 6 different innings – 2 runs in the first on Rhys Hoskins’ 2-run HR (22), 2 in the second on Scott Kingery’s RBI triple and J.P. Crawford’s RBI double, 1 in the fifth on Pedro Florimon’s SF, 1 in the seventh on Hoskins’ RBI single, 1 in the eighth on Logan Moore’s RBI single, and 2 in the ninth on Dylan Cozens’ 2-run HR (23).
Crawford (.230) went 4-5 with 3 runs scored, a double, triple, and RBI. Hoskins (.284) went 3-5 with 2 runs scored, a HR (22), and 3 RBI (73). Andrew Pullin (.212) went 3-4 with a run scored.
Crawford (3) and Pullin (1) each stole a base.
Leibrandt picked a runner off first base.
Reading (54-43) lost to Erie, 5-1 in a rain-shortened game.
Drew Anderson (6-4, 3.91) gave up 5 runs in the first inning and the Phils could only score one before the rains came. Anderson went 0.1 inning and gave up 5 runs on 5 hits with zero walks and strike outs. Anderson was ejected by the home plate umpire for throwing behind a batter. Tom Windle (4.80) pitched 3.2 scoreless innings. Alberto Tirado (6.14) walked 2 in his 1.0 inning.
The Phils scored a run in the third on Angelo Mora’s RBI double. Zack Coppola had a hit and stole his 13th base.
Clearwater (52-45) beat Bradenton, 4-3.
Franklyn Kilome (5-4, 2.74) gave up 3 runs on 7 hits and 2 walks in 5.1 innings. He struck out six. Harold Arauz (1.19) came in and stranded 3 inherited runners. He struck out 3 in 1.2 scoreless innings. Jeff Singer (2.45) earned his 18th save with 3 strike outs in 2.0 innings. Kilome also hit a batter and threw a wild pitch.
The Threshers scored a run in the first on Zach Green’s SF. They scored a run in the fifth to re-take the lead on Wilson Garcia’s RBI single. And broke a tie in the sixth on Austin Bossart’s RBI double and Carlos Duran’s RBI single.
Every starter but Green had a hit. Garcia and Bossart had 2 hits each. Bossart also stole his first base of the season.
Lakewood (52-46) beat Charleston, 5-2.
Adonis Medina (4-6, 3.16) gave up 1 run in 7.0 innings on 6 hits and a walk. He struck out five. Tyler Hallead (6.35) pitched a scoreless eighth. Will Hibbs (1.29) got his 12th save with a two-strike out, ninth inning.
The BlueClaws scored 2 runs in the first inning on a fielding error and an RBI ground out by Henri Lartigue. They scored 2 more in the third on Darick Halls’ RBI (72) double and Lartigue’s SF. They tacked on one in the eighth on Luke Williams ‘ RBI single.
Lartigue (.279) went 2-3 with a run scored, a triple, and 2 RBI. Juan Luis had an outfield assist (third base).
Mickey Moniak left the game in the bottom of the second. No reason given. Speculation is that he just wasn’t feeling well (Josh Norris, BA)
Williamsport (18-12) beat Batavia, 2-1.
Will Stewart (3.60) gave up a first inning run but none after that. He went 5.2 innings and gave up 5 hits and a walk while striking out six. 2017 tenth round pick, Connor Brogdon (1-0, 3.86), got his first professional win with 2.1 scoreless innings. He stranded 2 inherited runners. Luis Ramirez (1.88) picked up his 4th save, striking out the side in the ninth.
The Crosscutters scored a run in the third to tie the game on a throwing error on Adam Haseley’s sacrifice bunt. They scored the eventual winning run in the eighth inning on a wild pitch.
Nick Maton (.309) had 2 hits, Jake Scheiner (.281) had three. Maton also stole a base (4).
GCL Phillies (12-10) split a double header with the GCL Pirates, losing 4-1 and wining 6-2.
Game One: The Phillies took an early lead that didn’t hold up. Ethan Lindow (0-1, 3.00) gave up 2 runs in 4.0 innings on 7 hits and 3 walks. He struck out six, and picked a runner off first base. Rafael Carvajal (3.00) gave up 2 runs on 4 hits in 2.0 innings. The Phillies scored their lone run in the third inning on Jake Holmes RBI single.
Game Two: Jose Jimenez (3.63) pitched 4.0 innings and gave up one run on 4 hits and a walk. He struck out four. Denny Martinez (1-0, 1.23) got the win with 2 strike outs in 1.0 perfect inning. Oscar Marcelino (0.75) gave up a run in 1.0 inning on 2 hits and a walk. Anton Kuznetsov (0.00) pitched 1.0 scoreless inning.
The Phillies scored 3 runs in the fifth on Kevin Markham’s 3-run double; and 3 runs in the sixth with 2 outs on Markham’s bases loaded HBP, and Jesus Henriquez’ 2-run single. Henriquez (.188) went 2-4 with 2 RBI. Edwin Rodriguez (.182) went 2-3 with 2 runs scored.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
- 7/22 – Lehigh Valley IronPigs placed SS Hector Gomez on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to July 21, 2017
- 7/22 – Carlos Oropeza assigned to DSL Phillies White from DSL Phillies Red
- 7/21 – Phillies optioned Brock Stassi to Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- 7/21 – Phillies activated LF Howie Kendrick from the 10-day disabled list
- 7/21 – RHP Seranthony Dominguez assigned to Clearwater Threshers
- 7/20 – Phillies sent OF Howie Kendrick on a rehab assignment to Reading Fightin Phils
- 7/20 – Jose Taveras assigned to Reading Fightin Phils from Clearwater Threshers
- 7/20 – Reading Fightin Phils placed RHP Miguel Nunez on the 7-day disabled list. Strained right shoulder
- 7/20 – Reading Fightin Phils placed SS Jorge Flores on the temporarily inactive list
- 7/20 – Gustavo Armas assigned to Lakewood BlueClaws from Williamsport Crosscutters
- 7/20 – SS Dalton Guthrie assigned to Williamsport Crosscutters
- 7/20 – 3B D.J. Stewart assigned to GCL Phillies
- 7/19 – Lehigh Valley IronPigs released OF Osmel Aguila
- 7/19 – SS Matt Williams assigned to Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
- 7/17 – Phillies signed free agent SS Matt Williams to a minor league contract
- 7/19 – RHP Alex Garcia assigned to Lakewood BlueClaws from GCL Phillies
- 7/18 – Phillies activated RHP Vince Velasquez from the 10-day disabled list
- 7/18 – Phillies optioned RHP Mark Leiter to Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- 7/18 – 3B Harold Martinez assigned to Lehigh Valley IronPigs from Reading Fightin Phils
- 7/18 – SS Jorge Flores assigned to Reading Fightin Phils from Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- 7/17 – Phillies activated 2B Cesar Hernandez from the 10-day disabled list.
- 7/17 – Phillies placed RF Aaron Altherr on the 10-day disabled list retroactive to July 15, 2017. Strained right hamstring.
- The organization’s rosters are up to date.
The new organization’s injury list is as up to date as I can make it.