The GCL Phillies were unable to hold on to a seventh inning lead.
Williamsport was postponed.
Lehigh Valley and Reading are on their All Star breaks.
Clearwater and Lakewood were scheduled off.
Lehigh Valley (55-35) All Star game v. PCL All Stars on Wednesday, schedule resumes on Thursday, July 13th.
Reading (51-36) All Star game on Wednesday, schedule resumes on Thursday, July 13th.
Clearwater (47-40) no game scheduled.
Lakewood (48-41) no game scheduled.
Williamsport (11-9) postponed, wet grounds.
GCL Phillies (8-5) lost to the GCL Tigers, 6-4.
Manuel Silva (5.79) gave up 3 runs in 4.0 innings on 6 hits and 2 walks. Jesus De Los Santos followed with two, one-run innings. Sati Santa Cruz (1-1, 11.57) entered with a one run lead and blew his second save, giving up 3 runs on 3 hits and a walk. Jakob Hernandez pitched the eighth inning and struck out the side.
The Phillies scored their 4 runs on 7 hits including one XBH. They drew no walks but struck out only 4 times. They scored in the first on Damek Tomscha’s RBI ground out following Simon Muzziotti’s lead off single and stolen base. They plated 2 more runs in the third to retake the lead on Tomscha’s RBI force out and Edwin Rodriguez’ RBI ground out. They took their final lead in the fifth on Jonathan Guzman’s RBI double.
Muzziotti (.333) went 2-4 with 2 runs scored and a stolen base. Guzman (.318) went 2-4 with a double and RBI. Tomscha (.286) went 0-3 with a HBP and 2 RBI. Jake Holmes (.300) went 2-4. Lenin Rodriguez (.250) went 1-3 with 2 runs scored.
The Phillies garnered 3 outfield assists – RF Kevin Markham threw out runners at home and third base. LF Ben Pelletier threw out a runner at third.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
I’m going to forgo reading the Comments in the Recap and Open discussion for a while. If any one wants to contact me with questions or wants to call an error to my attention, please e-mail me. Put something in the subject line that will induce me to open the e-mail, I routinely delete e-mail from correspondents that I don’t recognize, especially the ones with the “spammy” subject lines.
Transactions (and paper moves):
- 7/11 – C Gregori Rivero assigned to Lakewood BlueClaws from Williamsport Crosscutters
- 7/10 – Phillies transferred RHP Casey Fien from the 10-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list. Shoulder impingement
- 7/10 – Lehigh Valley IronPigs released RHP Mark Peterson
- 7/10 – Reading Fightin Phils released RHP John Richy
- 7/11 – Sent RHP Seranthony Dominguez on a rehab assignment to GCL Phillies
- 7/11 – Nerluis Martinez assigned to Williamsport Crosscutters from GCL Phillies
- 7/10 – Phillies activated RHP Jerad Eickhoff from the 10-day disabled list.
- 7/10 – Lehigh Valley IronPigs activated RHP Zach Eflin from the 7-day disabled list.
- The organization’s rosters are up to date.