Highlights and lowlights from the Threshers’ game Saturday night.
Dunedin’s #6 prospect (per BA), Daniel Norris, took the mound. The left hander took the mound with a 3-0 record in 6 starts and a 0.63 ERA and 38 Ks in 28.2 innings. He had only given up 2 earned runs this season, both against the Threshers. The Threshers loaded the line up with 8 right-handed batters. The righties went 2 for 16 with a BB. The lone lefty in the line up, Pete Lavin, collected 2 singles in 3 AB. Norris left the game after pitching 4.2 innings and runners on first and second. The reliever allowed an inherited runner to score when Darin Ruf greeted him with an RBI single, his only hit of the night. Continue reading Threshers; May 10, 2014
We have been really excited about the content we have been able to provide you this year. I cannot speak highly enough of the work Jim has done reporting on the Florida teams, and we are looking forward to Victor’s work going forward on Reading. Also, look for more work from Chris King as we move into the summer. We are not looking to add a ton more content to the site as we don’t want to drown out the work already occurring here. We are looking to add some diversity to our coverage to fill in the gaps.
Lakewood & Williamsport Corespondents:
- 1-2 Articles a week covering the team as a whole as well as highlighting individuals
- The ability to contribute long form articles about the organization as well as minor league baseball or the draft
- Must be able to attend games on a semi-regular basis
- Should have a good feel for the Phillies organization
- You may approach this from the perspective of a fan, reporter, statistician, or a scout
- Should be able to proofread and edit ones own work
Continue reading Looking to Add More Writers
I arrived at the Carpenter Complex and prepared to watch Cord Sandberg, Trey Williams, Luis Encarnacion on Ashburn Field. Adam Loewen was warming up for the start, so I walked over to see who would start for the GCL squad on Roberts Field. Miguel Gonzalez and Cameron Rupp were to be battery mates, and I was going to watch this game instead.
Gonzalez started off with 2 fast balls for balls. They were low and at 92 and 93 mph. Continue reading MAG pitches at XST! May 10, 2014