Recap: Lakewood went 5-1 this week, a combination of continued excellent starting pitching and some offensive outbursts (three games of 10+ runs including a 17-run explosion). They’re now 30-18 in the second half, 3.5 games ahead of Hickory. Overall, the ‘Claws are 72-46, the second best record in minor league baseball (Durham is 74-47).
Hitters: Several big weeks–Jeremy Barnes had the best week of his career with 8 XBH and 8 RBI. Leandro Castro and Sebastian Valle also put up good numbers.
- Michael Dabbs: 2-9, 2B, RBI, SB
- Jonathan Singleton: 8-27, 3B, HR, 5 RBI, SB, 3 K / 1 BB
- Jiwan James: 8-28, 3B, 3 RBI, 7 K / 2 BB
- Jeremy Barnes: 10-21, 6 2B, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 3 K / 5 BB
- Alan Schoenberger: 4-15, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 2 E
- Leandro Castro: 9-28, 2B, 2 HR, 9 RBI, 2K / 0 BB, 2 E
- Sebastian Valle: 7-19, 3 2B, HR, 6 RBI, 3 K / 3 BB
- Anthony Hewitt: 2-13, HR, 2 RBI, 3 K / 0 BB
Notes: The 17 runs and 5 homers on Tuesday both tied club records…the Blueclaws added Gabe Suarez from the Newark Bears this week…Blueclaws among the league leaders–James (5th in runs, 2nd in hit, 8th in Ks, 2nd in CS), Barnes (7th in 2B, 7th in BB, 9th in OBP), Castro (T-2 in triples, T-5 in RBI), Valle (T-8 in HR, 10th in RBI), Singleton (10th in BB, 5th in OBP, 5th in SLG, 10th in AVG, 4th in OPS), and Hewitt (1st in K).
Pitchers: Very good week for most of the prospects in Lakewood. Colby Shreve bounced back from a shaky start to throw five no-hit inning on Sunday. Trevor May and Julio Rodriguez both posted excellent K/IP and K/BB ratios over the last week.
- Brody Colvin: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 6 K / 1 BB
- Jonathan Pettibone: 6 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 3 K / 0 BB
- Colby Shreve: 10 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 10 K / 1 BB
- Josh Zeid: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 7 K / 0 BB
- Luke Wertz: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 3 K / 1 BB
- Ebelin Lugo: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 K / 0 BB
- Trevor May: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 10 K / 2 BB
- Julio Rodriguez: 7.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 13 K / 1 BB
Notes: Brody Colvin has now given up just three earned runs over his last seven starts, although he has allowed a comparatively astonishing 12 unearned runs over that same stretch…Trevor May has increased his K/9 by 1 (11.6 to 12.6) since coming down from Clearwater, but has more than doubled his K/BB ratio (1.5 to 3.7)…’Claws among the league leaders: Colvin (8th in ERA, T-1 in GS, 4th in IP, 7th in K, 10th in WHIP), Shreve (3rd in WHIP), Wertz (T-8 in holds), and Lugo (T-8 in holds).