Here’s an open discussion thread so the minor league posts don’t get cluttered with Phillies’ talk and other topics.
- Adam Morgan, Jerad Eickhoff, and Aaron Nola all pitched well against the Atlanta Braves this weekend. Things are looking good for the pitching staff in 2016.
- The Phillies pulled off a major coup with a three-game, reverse-sweep in Atlanta this weekend. In spite of the great pitching from their young starters, they managed to lose 2-1, 2-1, and 2-1. Plus, Eickhoff and Nola managed to avoid taking losses.
- The three-game sweep and their current six-game losing streak have put the Phillies back in the driver’s seat in their drive for the number one pick. They now have a four game lead, plus tie-breaker, over the Braves with 12 games remaining in the season.
- With 94 losses, it’s a cinch that the Phillies reach 100 losses just four seasons after posting a 102-win season.
- The Phillies have shutdown Adam Morgan for the remainder of the season. Aaron Nola may remain in the rotation for the rest of the season.
- One GM candidate is off the market as the Brewers are expected to announce that they will hire Astros 30-year old, Assistant GM, David Stearns, as their GM.
- I’ll post the Weekly Prospects Discussion tomorrow.