GCL Phillies (35-24) lost to the GCL Blue Jays7-4. Adonis Medina gave up four runs on seven hits in 4.2 innings. He walked two and struck out six. Kevin Walsh stranded two inherited runners but couldn’t recover from a fielding error the following inning and gave up two unearned runs. Will Stewart came in with the bases loaded and stranded all three runners. Ryne Frankoff struck out two in the final inning.
The Phillies scored a run in the fifth on Jonathan Arauz’ RBI single. They added three late runs in the eighth inning on Luke Williams’ RBI double, Juan Luis’ sac fly, and a fielding error.
Jorge Alfaro started at catcher again and played three innings on the field. He batted twice and flew out to left both times.
- Jorge Alfaro went 0-2.
- “C” Randolph (.302) DNP.
- Lucas Williams (.293) went 2-4 with a run scored, double, and RBI.
- Juan Luis stole his 13th base.
Lehigh Valley (60-74) lost to the Buffalo Bisons 7-2. Seve Gonzalez gave up seven runs on 12 hits in 3.1 innings. Brian Bogusevic went 2-4 and pushed his average back over .300, Chase d’Arnaud and Erli Kratz alos had two hits each.
- Kelly Dugan (.213) went 1-3 with a walk.
- Tommy Joseph (.180) went 1-4 with an RBI.
Reading (76-55) rallied from a 4-3 deficit with six unanswered runs to beat the Bowie Baysox 9-4. Joely Rodriguez was responsible for all four Baysox runs. Reinier Roibal picked up the win with 2.1 innings of one-hit ball and five strike outs.
The Phils collected 16 hits. Every starter had at least one. Six had multi-hit games. Brian Pointer went 3-4 with a double and RBI. The Phils went ahead on KC Serna’s sac fly in the sixth inning. Dylan Cozens played his first game at AA.
- J.P. Crawford (.268) went 2-4.
- Andrew Knapp (.381) DNP.
- Dylan Cozens went 1-4 with a HR (1), SF, and 4 RBI.
- Brock Stassi (.312) went 2-4 with a double.
Clearwater (75-56) swept the Brevard County Manatees 2-1 and 7-0. Ricardo Pinto Night came in the first game, and he held the Manatees to one run in five innings on four hits. Miguel Nunez picked up his 7th save. Andrew Pullin erased an early deficit with his two-run double in the fifth inning. Pinto and Willians Astudillo each picked a runner off first. Astudillo threw out a base stealer at third base. Aaron Brown went 2-3 and stole his eighth base. Rhys Hoskins stole his second.
David Whitehead pitched five shutout innings in the second game. Alexis Rivero struck out two in one inning of relief. Rhys Hoskins went 3-4 with a double. Aaron Brown went 1-3 and drove in three runs on a sac fly and his 11th home run. Malquin Canelo went 3-3 with an RBI.
Lakewood (66-62) beat the Hagerstown Suns 4-1. Will Morris gave up an unearned run and four hits in seven innings while raising his record to 6-0. Joey DeNato struck out two in one inning. Matt Hockenberry picked up his 16th save. Deivi Grullon went 2-3.
Williamsport (42-24) lost to the Batavia Muckdogs 6-0. Alejandro Arteaga struck out seven in 5.2 innings but gave up five runs. Four Cutters had two hits – Coppola, Laird, Tobias, and Bosheers. Muckdogs’ pitchers struck out ten – Biter (3), Espiritu (3), and Tobias (2) led the way.
DSL Phillies (40-32) Season completed. Finished tied for second place, three games back.
- AVG – Henry Santana .278
- OBP – Daniel Brito .421
- SLG – Santana .411
- OPS – Brito .728, Santana .725
- Edgar Gacia – 71 G, 255 AB, 47 R, 68 H, 14 doubles, 4 triples, 24 SB
- Nerluis Martinez – 5 HR
- RBI – Garcia and Ronaldo Marrero 28, Martinez 27, Santana 26
- Brito 35 K, 22 BB
VSL Phillies (30-40) Season completed. Finished tied for third in a four team league.
- Their leading hitter was Enger Jimenez – .307, 36 R, 33 RBI, 15 SB.
- Jimenez was second on the team with three HR.
- Lenin Rodriguez led the team with four HR.
- Sergio Velis (4-2, 1.33) was their best pitcher – 74.2 IP, 50 H, 14 BB, 59 K, 0.86 WHIP.
Here’s the affiliated scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- Phillies placed LHP Elvis Araujo on the 15-day disabled list. Strained left groin
- Philadelphia Phillies recalled RHP Nefi Ogando from Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
- Reading Fightin Phils placed OF Nick Williams on the 7-day disabled list. concussion
RF Dylan Cozens assigned to Reading Fightin Phils from Clearwater Threshers.
Jose Antequera assigned to Clearwater Threshers from GCL Phillies.