Before we dig into tonight’s box score, we may as well start with the highlight of the night. Michael Taylor hit for the cycle, going 5/5 with 2 doubles, a triple, and a home run, his 4th in 98 AAA AB’s. The huge game jumps his AAA average up to .286, he’s now at .325 over his last 10, and for the season (AA+AAA), he’s at .322/.398/.550 with 28 2B, 5 3B, 19 HR, 20 SB (20/25), 47 BB and 68 K. A truly awesome season to date, and the scary thing is that he might not even be the best outfield prospect in the system. Now, onto the box scores in more detail…
AAA: Lehigh Valley won 10-9.
* I covered Taylor’s huge night above, but I’ll just say it again. Duder hit for the cycle.
* Pat Overholt went 1.2 scoreless, allowing 1 hit and K’ing 1. In 9 games (14 IP) at AAA he’s sporting a 3.21 ERA with 10 H, 13 BB and 9 K, but an eye popping 5.2 FB/GB ratio. He was 1.65 at AA. Way too many walks though
* Our old friend Matt Maloney started for Louisville, giving up 6 ER in 5 IP.
AA: Reading lost 3-2.
* Domonic Brown goes 2/4 with another double and his 3rd SB
* Steve Susdorf hit his first AA home run and now has 1 hit in each of his first 4 AA games
* Vance Worley was the tough luck loser, giving up 2 ER in 7 IP, allowing only 4 H and striking out 4, and maybe most importantly, walking 0. His ERA in April, May and August; 3.19 in 76.1 IP. His ERA in June and July; 7.38 in 56.1 IP.
* Scott Mathieson allowed a run on 2 hits in relief
* Game 1 was the completion of the 7/7 game. Im not even going to bother with the notes from that game
* Freddy Galvis went 3/5 with a 2B (6)
* Cody Overbeck went 3/5 with a HR (9)
* phuturephillies favorite Michael Schwimer gave up 2 ER in 1 IP, his first earned runs in forever.
A: Lakewood was postponed due to rain
SS: Williamsport lost 6-2.
* Adam Buschini went 2/3 and now has 3 straight multi hit games. Hes hitting .344 in August after an unbelievably bad first 6 weeks
* Anthony Hewitt went 2/4 and added 2 strikeouts. Thats now 20 K and 0 BB in his last 10 games
* Sebastian Valle was 0/4 and allowed his 7th passed ball
* Austin Hyatt, who had been untouchable, allowed 1 ER in 3.2 IP, walking 4 and striking out 5
* Sean Grieve, who for some reason is repeating the NYPL despite being 24, allowed 3 ER in 1 IP, and is now sporting a 6.75 ERA in 16 IP
RK: GCL Phillies lost 3-2.
* Jon Singleton was 1/4 with a 2B (4)
* Marlon Mitchell was 1/2. An 18 year old catching prospect no one is really talking about, he has a .256/.362/.359 line in limited action (39 AB)
* Kelly Dugan was 0/4 with a BB and a golden sombrero
Discuss amongst yourselves.