On to the vote for the #23 prospect in the organization. There are 34 players listed in the poll below.
I added one final player to the poll, William Bergolla, Jr. He is the Phillies big international free agent signing. The sixteen-year-old may or may not deserve consideration. I’ll leave that up to you. I’m not going to run a poll that tries to find a higher place for him. And, I’m not going to continue to type the Jr. after his name. I don’t think we’ll ever confuse him with his father. Much as I never thought anyone confused any discussion about John Mayberry as being about his father.
The number twenty-two spot went to Christian McGowan. I had to wait almost eight hours for the deciding vote to be cast. McGowan received sixteen votes. Erubiel Armenta finished second with fifteen votes. Micah Ottenbreit finished third with eleven. Ottenbreit is an interesting choice at this point who may deserve some investigation. He’s a high school pitcher who threw 6.0 innings with a 4.50 ERA, a blown save, 3 walks, 4 strikeouts, 1.50 WHIP, and .273 average against.
In all, 20 players received 89 votes.
- Alexeis Azuaje received six votes,
- Rickardo Perez, Casey Martin, and Jamari Baylor got five each,
- Ethan Lindow and Kyle Dohy got four apiece,
- Billy Sullivan and Andrew Schultz got three each,
- Nicolas Torres, Dominic Pipkin, and Christian Hernandez got two each,
- Jared Carr, Andrew Baker, Christopher Sanchez, Freylin Minyety, Ben Brown, and Gunner Mayer received one vote each.
Features of this poll include –
- This is not a popularity contest. It is a poll to determine the ranking of prospects within the organization by the Phuture Phillies community.
- To be eligible for a prospect list, a player must still have rookie eligibility.
- The names will be in alphabetical order.
- The Other option will be OFF.
- You can choose ONE prospect.
- Repeat voting is blocked.
- Results will be hidden and revealed after the poll is closed.
- I reserve the right to set aside any outcome if I think anything irregular occurred.
The Top 30, so far:
- Bryson Stott
- Mick Abel
- Andrew Painter
- Logan O’Hoppe
- Johan Rojas
- Luis Garcia
- Matt Vierling
- Hans Crouse
- Yhoswar Garcia
- Erik Miller
- Ethan Wilson
- Griff McGarry
- Jhailyn Ortiz
- Simon Muzziotti
- Francisco Morales
- Mickey Moniak
- Jordan Viars
- Damon Jones
- James McArthur
- Lee Hao Yu
- Kendall Simmons
- Christian McGowan