The Phillies have signed 18 of their 20 picks from the 2021 Amateur Draft and 10 non-drafter free agents. They have not signed their #16 and #19 selections. The signing bonuses for the other 18 have been released. To date, they have a little over $40K available to apply to the $125K limit before penalties for the two outstanding picks.
The Phillies have until August 1st to reach a deal with one or both picks.
Here’s what’s been released. A complete breakdown is in the 2021 Draft Tracker.
- RHP Andrew Painter, signed under slot – $3,900,000
- OF Ethan Wilson, signed full slot – $1,507,600
- OF Jordan Viars, signed over slot – $747,500
- RHP Micah Ottenbreit, signed over slot – $775,000
- RHP Griff McGarry, signed under slot – $322,500
- RHP Jose Pena, signed under slot – $222,500
- RHP Christian McGowan, signed over slot – $577,500
- RHP Jason Ruffcom, signed under slot – $147.500
- OF Gavin Tonkel, signed over slot – $247,500
- OF Logan Cerny, signed full slot – $146,100
- RHP Andrew Baker, signed over $125K – $200,000
- 3B TJ Rumfield, signed for $125,000
- OF Jared Carr, signed under $125K – $50,000
- LHP Jose Valadez-Acuna, signed for $125,000
- LHP Matt Osterberg, signed under $125K – $100,000
- RHP Ty Collins, not signed
- RHP Alex Garbrick, signed under $125K – $30,000
- RHP Malik Binns, signed for $125,000
- RHP Seth Halvorsen, not signed
- RHP Cam Wynne, signed under $125K – $50,000
And, the NDFAs ($20K max)
- RHP Konnor Ash
- RHP Alex McKenney
- RHP Tommy McCollum
- RHP Matt Russell
- 1B Matt Goodheart
- LHP Jared Wetherbee
- 3B/C Anthony Quirion
- LHP Tristan Garnett
- SS Freylin Minyety
- LHP Parker Scott
Drafted players do NOT count against the 180 player limit for stateside rosters until they are placed on a roster and play in a league game. They WILL count when the season is over and the limit goes to 190 players. NDFAs count 15 days after signing if not on a league roster before then.
The draft tab on the menu above is active and up-to-date.
The Draft >>> 2021 Draft Discussions and Picks includes all our draft articles for this year and past years, as well as other links. Some older links may no longer be active.
All draft talk is encouraged here. I will start new threads if/when the number of comments becomes too unwieldy. In the past, that has been weekly.