This is the 2019 Reader Top 30 poll for the number two prospect in the Phillies organization.
Sixto Sanchez was the top pick for the second straight year. The write up for the top pick is covered in a separate post (link).
As I mentioned in the first poll, this should take us through early February. A week or so later, on February 12th or 13th, pitchers and catchers will report. They’ll have their first work out the following day, signalling the start of spring training. The first full squad work out is just a couple days later. The Phillies’ Grapefruit League season begins on the 22nd.
I hope to publish five or six polls each week on a schedule that will allow me to conclude this process before spring training starts. I decided to include all known eligible players in the early polls. This ballot ncludes MLB’s top 30 prospects, the 2018 Phuture Phillies Post Season Top 30, and players on the 40-Man Roster who still have rookie eligibility.
There will be no players added until I close and tabulate the currently running poll that will identify the players you think should be added (link).
The players in the poll are listed alphabetically.
If you want to suggest a player you think I may have overlooked, you can make the request among the Comments section or e-mail email@example.com using the Subject Line – Add Prospect, but since I am going through a polling process to identify additional prospects, I will probably not consider such requests. And, as last year, the Other option (a write-in vote) will not be used.
Additional notes –
- I’m having a dental issue that may affect the early poll schedule.
- I’m seeing fewer ballots cast than last year. The first poll last year drew over 340 votes.
- Balloting for the poll for additional prospects came to a sudden halt. It appears once the discussion turned to a poster’s top 30, there was little interest in casting further ballots. Maybe it’s just a coincidence.
- I’ve turned off comments on the actual polling post.
- I’m posting a separate results poll for comments.