Cole Irvin tossed six shutout innings for Lehigh Valley on the way to a victory.
Reading was postponed, rain.
Clearwater amassed 17 hits but still lost to Dunedin.
Lakewood lost to Kannapolis in eleven innings.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Lehigh Valley (9-10) beat Scranton, 6-1.
Cole Irvin scattered 6 hits and a walk over six shutout innings. Austin Davis walked one and struck out one in an inning of relief. Hoby Milner struck out the side but gave up a run on two hits and a hit batter in one inning. Zac Curtis followed with a 1-2-3 ninth.
The IronPigs ran out to a five run lead with 5 runs in the second inning on Dean Annas bases loaded walk and Roman Quinn’s grand slam. They added a run in the fourth on Dylan Cozens’ bases loaded walk. All 6 runs scored with 2 outs. Mitch Walding went 1-3 with a walk and is batting .308.
- #14 Enyel De Los Santos (1-0, 1.98):
- #15 Tom Eshelman (1-1, 5.29):
- #16 Roman Quinn (.297): went 2-4 with a run scored, HR, 4 RBI
- #18 Dylan Cozens (.246): went 1-3 with an RBI, BB
- #24 Drew Anderson: 7-day DL, right forearm strain
- #25 Cole Irvin (0-1, 5.40): 6.0 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, WP
Reading (8-12) postponed, rain.
- #8 JoJo Romero (0-3, 7.20): 6.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- #9 Franklyn Kilome (1-0, 3.68):
- #11 Ranger Suarez (1-1, 4.13):
- #12 Seranthony Dominguez (1-2, 2.08): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, HBP
- #17 Cornelius Randolph (.159): went 1-4 with a double, RBI
Clearwater (7-15) lost to Dunedin, 8-6.
Mauricio Llovera (2-1, 1.62) pitched 5.2 innings and gave up 4 runs (1 ER) on 5 hits, 3 walks, a HBP, and 97 pitches (57 strikes). The Threshers’ best reliever had his first bad outing. After retiring a batter and stranding an inherited in the sixth, Quinn couldn’t get an out in the seventh. Five batters and 4 runs later, Jake Hernandez entered and pitched the final two innings. He stranded the one runner he inherited and struck out three.
The Threshers mounted a 17 hit attack, but managed only 3 XBH and 6 runs, 3 scored in the top of the ninth. They took a 1-0 lead on Jose Pujols; RBI single in the second, and a 2-1 lead on Henri Lartigue’s lead off HR in the fourth. They closed to 4-3 on Arquimedes Gamboa’s RBI double in the seventh. Trailing 8-3 in the ninth, the Threshers’ rally fell short. They scored 3 runs on Austin Listi’s 2-run double and Mickey Moniak’s RBI single.
Listi, Lartigue, and Pujols had 3 hits each. Gamboa, Haseley, and Moniak had 2 hits each. Every player had a hit except Darick Hall. Only two Threshers struck out, but they went 3 for 12 with runners in scoring position and left 10 men on base.
Team notes: Austin Listi has three, 3-hit games in the last seven games and has hits in 6 of those games. Henri Lartigue has a 4-game hitting streak, and multi-hit games in two of them. Raul Rivas has a 9-game hitting streak in which he is batting .394. Adam Haseley has hits in 17 of 20 games, 15 of his last 16, and has a 7-game hitting streak in which he has 13 hits, including six, 2-hit games. Jose Pujols is batting .316 in his last 10 games. Darick Hall leads the team with 7 HR and 17 RBI, and has 7 hits in his last 5 games. Arquimedes Gamboa has hits in 7 of his last 9 games. Jose Gomez is batting .316 in his last 10 games. Mickey Moniak has hits in 15 of 21 games, and a 5-game hitting streak in which he has multi-hit games in four of them.
- #1 Sixto Sanchez (0-1, 5.40):
- #4 Adonis Medina (1-1, 5.63):
- #5 Mickey Moniak: went 2-5 with a run scored, RBI
- #6 Adam Haseley: 2-5 with a run scored
- #10 Arquimedes Gamboa: went 2-5 with a run scored, double, RBI
- #19 Jose Gomez: went 1-4 with a run scored
- #23 McKenzie Mills (0-1, 3.00):
- Darick Hall: went 0-5
- Austin Listi: went 3-5 with a run scored, double, 2 RBI
- Henri Lartigue: went 3-4 with a run scored, HR, RBI, BB
Lakewood (12-10) lost to Hagerstown, 6-4.
Damon Jones went 5.1 innings. He allowed 2 runs (1 ER) on 4 hits, 4 walks, and 4 strike outs. Zach Warren allowed 2 inherited runners to score, blew the save, and allowed 2 more runs to score in 1.1 innings. Luis Ramirez pitched 0.2 innings and allowed an inherited runner to score. Addison Russ (2-0, 0.00, 3 saves) stranded 2 runners and struck out 3 of the 5 outs he recorded. Kyle Dohy (1-1. 0.00, 2 saves) took the loss. He pitched two innings that started with a runner on second base. He navigated the tenth with 2 pop ups and a strike out. He got a strike out and pop out in the eleventh before walking a batter. Back to back singles each plated a run.
The BlueClaws built a 3-run lead in the fourth on Colby Fitch’s RBI single, a wild pitch, and Kevin Markham’s RBI single. They tied the game in the seventh on Jake Scheiner’s fielder’s choice. They missed an opportunity to retake the lead in the seventh with the bases loaded and one out. And later, missed out in the tenth when the runner who started on second was thrown out at the plate trying to score on a fly out.
Quincy Nieporte had 3 hits including a double. Gregori Rivero had 2 hits.
- #7 Jhailyn Ortiz (.158): is on the 7-day DL
- #13 Daniel Brito (.177): went 1-5 with a double
- #22 Spencer Howard (2-1, 1.89):
- #30 Simon Muzziotti (.293): is on the 7-day DL (his left hand is wrapped in Clearwater)
- Colby Fitch (.256): went 1-5 with a run scored, RBI
- Nick Maton (.275): went 0-5
- Jake Scheiner (.239): went 0-5 with a run scored, RBI
- Josh Stephen (.231): went 1-5
These prospects are in Philadelphia.
- #2 Scott Kingery: 80 of 130 career AB, 29 of 45 days with Phillies (May 13th)
- #3 J.P. Crawford: >130 of 130 career AB, 29 of 45 days with Phillies (May 13th)
- #27 Victor Arano: 21.2 of 50 innings, 29 of 45 days with Phillies (May 13th)
And these guys are still in Clearwater.
- #20 Kyle Young: XST
- #21 Francisco Morales: XST
- #26 Luis Garcia: XST
- #28 J.D. Hammer: XST
- #29 Kevin Gowdy: not expected to pitch this season
There are over 90 players at the Complex. The Phillies have provided a roster that includes 80 players in extended spring training.
Link to Phillies GCL schedule.
4/27/18–Phillies recalled Jake Thompson from Lehigh Valley
4/27/18–Phillies placed Ben Lively on the 10-day disabled list. Lower back strain
4/27/18–Lehigh Valley placed Logan Moore on the 7-day DL retro to 4/26/18. Right shin contusion
4/27/18–Danny Mayer assigned to Lakewood from Clearwater
4/27/18–Spencer Howard assigned to Williamsport from Lakewood
4/27/18–Clearwater activated 2B Jose Antequera
4/27/18–Jhostyn Marin signed as an international FA; assigned to DSL Phillies Red
4/27/18–RHP Seranthony Dominguez assigned to Lehigh Valley from Reading
4/26/18–Austin Davis assigned to Lehigh Valley from Reading
4/26/18–Tyler Gilbert transferred from Reading to Williamsport
4/26/18–Lakewood placed Jhailyn Ortiz on the 7-day Disabled List
4/26/18–RHP Luis Carrasco assigned to Lakewood from Williamsport
4/25/18–Signed Nathaniel Bido as an international FA; assigned to DSL Phillies Red
4/25/18–LHP Austin Davis assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
4/25/18–3B Trevor Plouffe assigned to Lehigh Valley
4/24/18–Voided contract of Felix Neguis with DSL Phillies Red
4/24/18–RHP Luis Carrasco assigned to Williamsport from Lakewood.
4/24/18–RHP Ramon Rosso assigned to Lakewood from Williamsport.
4/23/18–Trevor Plouffe signed to a minor league contract; assigned to Lehigh Valley
4/23/18–3B Heiker Meneses assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
4/23/18–RHP Tyler Viza assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
4/23/18–Jose Antequera assigned to Williamsport from Reading
4/23/18–Jacob Waguespack added to Lehigh Valley active roster
4/23/18–Hoby Milner added to Lehigh Valley active roster
I’ve brought the rosters and lists up to date as of 4/25. I’ve got 326 players in the organization. It’s probably more.