We”ll continue the “Best of” series of polls with your selection as the best second baseman in the system. Again, I have allowed a maximum of three answers for each ballot. This will allow us to establish what kind of depth we have in the organization. This is also handy for second base where I expect a land slide in favor of the top guy similar to the one we had for first base.
(Don’t forget to submit your top prospect list by e-mailing it to email@example.com. To date I have received only 18 lists, one as short as seven and a couple as long as fifty.)
Each player listed below is in the poll and played at least 10 games at the position. I have included a link to the player’s profile in Baseball Reference. And I have included a link to Gregg’s Report Card for Middle Infielders.
- Scott Kingery – real good seasons at AA and AAA, I became a believer during spring training
- Pedro Florimon – didn’t see enough of him last season
- Jesmuel Valentin – spent most of the season on the DL
- Angelo Mora – second is his best position, IMO
- Drew Stankiewicz – steady, versatile infielder
- Grenny Cumana – passable middle infield defense who can hit a little
- Jose Antequera – versatile infielder who didn’t hit well in 2017
- Derek Campbell – the injury really set him back, probably passed by younger guys
- Daniel Brito – a second base only guy whose hitting dropped off after the jump from the 2016 GCL
- Raul Rivas – didn’t see enough of him before he went to Williamsport
- Jake Scheiner – didn’t see enough of him before he went to Williamsport
- Brian Mims – didn’t see enough of him before he went to Williamsport
- Jesus Azuaje – didn’t see enough of him before he went to Williamsport
- Brayan Gonzalez – solid defensive infielder, showed some bat toward the end of the season
- Jesus Henriquez – versatile, multi-position player
1 thought on “2017 Phuture Phillies Top Second Baseman Poll”
This one is definitely a “You’re all playing for second place” category.
Comments are closed.