Lehigh Valley (15-14) Beat Scranton, 5-4. David Buchanan turned the game over to the bullpen after five innings. Edward Mujica converted his eighth save. Tommy Joseph swatted his sixth home run, Angelys Nina his first.
- Mujica – 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K.
- Williams (.280) went 1-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Joseph (.392) went 2-3 with HR (6), BB, and 2 RBI.
- Nina (.200) went 2-3 with a HR (1) and RBI.
- Featherston committed his 4th error.
- Williams was thrown out at second by Aaron Judge.
Reading (19-11) Lost to Portland, 4-3. Anthony Vasquez gave up four, second-inning runs and the Phils couldn’t came all the way back. Cozens and Hoskins hit home runs in the eighth inning, but the rally fell short.
- Vasquez (5-1, 2.37) – 6.0 IP, 5 IP, 4 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 3 K.
- Quinn (.261) went 1-4 with a double and BB.
- Crawford (.270) went 1-4 with a BB.
- Alfaro (.442) went 0-4.
- Cozens (.264) went 1-4 with a HR (6) and 2 RBI.
- Hoskins (.248) went 1-4 with a HR (7) and RBI.
- Brown (.190) went 2-3 with a double.
- 3B Mora committed a costly error in the first inning.
- Vasquez picked a runner off first.
- The Phils turned 2 DP.
- Crawford was doubled off first (with Quinn on second) on a pop up to the second baseman on the play before Cozens hit his home run.
- All three Phils’ runs scored with 2 out.
Clearwater (19-10) Off for Mother’s Day. Four games against Dunedin next. Scheduled to pitch Monday in Dunedin, Tyler Viza (4-0, 1.14) and Tuesday in Clearwater Will Morris (2-1, 3.10). Probables Wednesday in Dunedin, Tom Eshelman (1-1, 2.35) and Thursday in Clearwater, Matt Imhof (3-1, 3.90).
Lakewood (9-20) Lost to Kannapolis, 3-2. Franklyn Kilome turned in his longest outing of the season, however the offense couldn’t overcome the two runs he allowed. Emmanuel Marrero had another two-hit game.
- Kilome – 5.0 IP, 9 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 1 Balk.
- Kilome’s second run scored on a bases loaded Balk.
- Kilome finished his outing by striking out the final two batters he faced in the fifth.
- Marrero (.324) went 2-3 with a double, SF, and RBI.
- Pujols (.273) went 1-4 with an RBI (24) and 2 K (39).
- Cumana stole his second base.
- Tomscha and Tromp picked up outfield assists.
- The BlueClaws hit into three DP.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- No organizational transactions, the Rosters are up to date here.
- Sunday, the Dunedin Blue Jays released former Phillies outfielder Michael Bourn.