Lehigh Valley (10-8) Fell behind early and lost to Scranton, 5-2. Jake Thompson lasted 5.0 innings and gave up 5 runs in the second and third innings. He allowed eight hits and struck out six. He walked none. Nick Williams hit his first home run.
- Colton Murray struck out two in two perfect innings of relief.
- Williams (.288) went 1-4 with a HR (1) and RBI.
- Knapp (.302 )went 1-4 with a 3B.
- Joseph (.405) went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Perkins (.395) went 1-3 with a 2B.
- Knapp picked up his 4th PB, but threw a base stealer out at second.
- Nick Swisher hit a home run off Thompson.
Reading (12-6) Overcame a couple blown saves to beat Akron, 7-4. The game was a pitchers’ duel through the opening four-and-a-half innings. Nick Pivetta had allowed Akron one hit (and 3 walks) in five innings, and Reading had 2 hits through four. Reading took a 2-0 lead in the fifth. But, Pivetta loaded the bases with nobody out in the sixth. Joely Rodriguez came in to give up the lead and blow the save. The Phils came back to re-take the lead in the seventh, but Seve Gonzalez came in to blow another save. Reading went ahead again, and Gonzalez got the win and Edubray Ramos got the save.
- Pivetta – 5.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 4 K, 92 pitches, 52 strikes, pitched to 3 batters in the sixth. One of Pivetta’s early walks was erased on a CS.
- Rodriguez picked two runners off during his 1.1 innings. He allowed 2 of 3 inherited runners to score. One came home on a FC. The other scored after a pick off and ahead of a home run.
- Rodriguez went walk, pick off, walk before being lifted in the seventh.
- Gonzalez allowed an inherited runner to score, but had 3 K in 1.2 IP.
- Ramos picked up his 5th save.
- Quinn was back in the starting line up and went 1-5 (.206).
- Crawford (.292) went 0-3 with a BB.
- Cozens (.242) went 1-4 with a 2B and RBI.
- Fox (.293) went 3-3 witha HR (5), SF, and 3 RBI.
- Valentin (.271) went 2-4 with a 2B and RBI.
- Brown (.163) went 2-3 with a 3B and RBI.
- Valentin stole his 2nd base.
Clearwater (13-5) Off day. Starts a three-game series in Daytona on Tuesday. Tom Eeshelman, Matt, Imhof, and Ranfi Casimiro are scheduled to start.
Lakewood (4-14) Off day. Starts a seven-game home stand on Tuesday with three games against Charleston. Tyler Gilbert, Shane Watson, and Luke Leftwich are scheduled to start.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- 4/25 – C Greg Brodzinski assigned to Reading Fightin Phils from Williamsport Crosscutters.