Lehigh Valley (2-3) Blew a 6-4 lead in the ninth and fell to Rochester 7-6. Edward Mujica gave up 5 singles in the 3-run ninth.
- IronPigs had 13 hits.
- Lough went 4-6 with an RBI.
- Williams went 1-3 with 2 BB and 2 RBI.
- Knapp went 1-3 with 3 BB.
- Stassi went 1-5 with a 2B and RBI.
- Joseph went 2-3 with a 2B, 2 BB, and RBI.
- Featherston went 3-3.
- Starter, David Buchanan went 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K.
Reading (4-3) Beat Richmond, 6-4. Ben Lively went 5.0, 2-run innings and struck out nine. J.P. Crawford hit his first home run, as did Christian Marrero. Jorge Alfaro returned to the line up and had 2 hits.
- The Fightin’ Phils mashed 13 hits.
- Crawford went 1-4 with a HR (1), RBI, and a BB.
- Alfaro went 2-5.
- Cozens went 1-4 with a 2B.
- Hoskins went 1-3 with a BB.
- Aaron Brown went 2-3 with a BB.
- Lively went 2-2.
- Marrero hit a pinch-hit, 3-run HR.
- Alfaro was picked off first by the opposing catcher.
- Joaquin blew the save, got the win.
- Ramos notched his first save.
Clearwater (3-4) Dropped another heart-breaker 1-0 in ten innings. Tom Eshelman pitched well over seven, two-hit innings. Read about the game here.
Lakewood (1-6) Franklyn Kilome got roughed up again and the BlueClaws were held to two hits in an 8-0 defeat. Cornelius Randolph was not in the line up.
- Kilome – 4.2 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 4 BB, 1 K, 1 HR
- Tobias went 0-2 with 2 BB.
- Hiciano went 1-4 with a 2B.
- Hernandez went 0-3 with 2 K.
- Hayden went 1-3.
- Hayden stole his first base.
- Tobias was caught stealing.
- Coppola threw out a runner at home.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- The Phillies have assigned an analytics guy to each affiliate to gather information. I met the Threshers’ guy today, Joe. I hope to report on the types of data he is gathering later in the season.