Lehigh Valley (0-2) at Rochester, postponed.
Reading (3-2) Raced out to an early lead and held on to beat Richmond, 8-5. Anthony Vasquez went 7.0 innings and gave up 2 ER on 6 hits, 0 BB, and 6 K. Jeremy Bleich made it close over the last two innings.
- Roman Quinn went 1-4 with a BB.
- Quinn stole his second and third bases.
- Crawford went 3-5 with a double and RBI.
- Alfaro went 2-4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBI.
- KC Serna went 3-4 with a double and RBI.
- Crawford was caught stealing.
- Alfaro had a passed ball, Vasquez a WP.
Clearwater (3-2) Beat Charlotte, 4-3 in an exciting and sloppy game. Tyler Viza recorded his first victory, Miguel Nunez his first save. Kyle Martin hit his third home run, Mitch Walding his second. Read about the game here.
Lakewood (1-4) Dropped the series opener to Hagerstown, 4-3. Harold Arauz struck out 4 in 4.0 innings, but gave up 3 runs on 5 hits and 2 walks. Jose Taveras struck out 4 in 3.0 innings of one-run relief and walked none. Jiandido Tromp provided the offense going 2-4 with 2 hits, a double, HR, BB, and 2 RBI.
- Grenny Cumana went 2-4.
- Randolph went 0-4, is batting .087, and was thrown out at the plate.
- Deivi Grullon was credited with a double play when batter’s interference was called on a third strike/steal attempt. The ruling ended the eighth inning.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- Noticed the 15-second Pitching Clock tonight. The pitcher has 15 seconds to pitch the ball. Once he receives the ball after a pitch or play, the pitcher has 15 seconds to get the ball back in play. The clock starts when the pitcher receives the ball, and stops once the pitcher starts his wind up or stretch. My impression is that the game moved pretty quickly tonight, 2:01. I felt the pressure to make my between pitch notes and my between innings notes and tweets quickly. I’m going to have to find a better method of note taking.
- And this on Jason Groome today, more over in this week’s Draft Discussion –
No-hitter for Jason Groome. 19 strikeouts. Last pitch was 94. I think this kid is a prospect.