Here’s the open discussion thread for Phillies’ talk and other topics.
The Phillies raised their spring record to 13-5 with a 5-4 victory over the Houston Astros. Jeremy Hellickson allowed 3 walks and struck out 6 in 5.0 no-hit innings. He did this against an Astros line up that included starting middle infielders Correa and Altuve, and starting corner outfielders Rasmus and Springer. The Phillies scored two runs against former team mate Ken Giles. Cesar Hernandez hit his first spring HR and went 3-4 with 3 RBI. Cedric Hunter contributed a pinch-hit, RBI double off Giles.
Five Phillies’ pitchers were spotted taking BP in the morning at the Complex – Aaron Nola, Jerad Eickhoff, Jeremy Hellickson, Adam Morgan, and Vince Velasquez. My source did not see Charlie Morton as part of the group. Hmmm.
Saturday’s rainout forced a number of pitchers over to the Complex games Sunday afternoon to get their work – Russell, Leroux, Bailey, Araujo, and Murray.
- 3/15 – Assigned Skylar Hunter to Lakewood.
- 3/16 – Placed Skylar Hunter on the restricted list.
- 3/16 – Released Art Charles, Brian Pointer, Harold Guerrero, Victor Delgado, Tim Zier, Ryne Frankhoff, and Kevin Walsh.
- 3/18 – Optioned Jimmy Cordero and Jorge Alfaro to Reading.
- 3/18 – Reassigned Andrew Knapp to minor league camp.
- 3/19 – Optioned Taylor Featherstone to Lehigh Valley.
- 3/19 – Reassigned Brock Stassi to minor league camp.