Tyler Goeddel was selected the Readers’ Poll 16th prospect. He received 121 of 408 votes (30%). He finished 8 votes ahead of Adonis Medina.
Goeddel was selected out of high school by Tampa with the 41st pick of the first round, a Comp A pick, of the 2011 First Year Player Draft. He signed on August 15th of that summer. He began his pro career in full season A ball at Bowling Green of the Midwest League as a 19-year old, the equivalent of Lakewood.
Goeddel made incremental increases each season. He posted a .279/.350/.433 in 2015. He hit a career high 12 home runs. In 533 plate appearances, he struck out 98 times (18.4%) and walked 48 times (9%).
He was left unprotected prior to the 2015 Rule 5 Draft and was selected by the Phillies with the first pick.
Top 30 so far:
- N. Williams
- “C” Randolph
The next group added to the poll will come from among the following e-mail requests, write-ins, and my discretion. They are –
- Fanti, Martin, and Moore based on recurrent write-in votes
- Encarnacion, Tobias, Rios, Gonzalez, Pujols, Arano, and Leiter based on e-mail requests
- Paulino, Laird, DeNato, Joaquin, Rivero, Valentin, Bossart, and L. Williams based on performance
- Pullin, Perkins, Falter, Forsythe, Luis, Mora, Munoz, Pickett, Tasin, Therrien, Lino, Hockenberry, and Stassi just because
- Pointer for a friend
- Walding to reward Sandy-Oh’s persistence.
The next 5 will likely come from among those in bold font. Pujols will probably make the cut, but I personally don’t think he is among the top 5 of those I’m considering.
Next up is your selection for #17.