Lehigh Valley (61-75) held the Syracuse Chiefs to two hits and won 3-1. Sean O’Sullivan pitched six innings of one-hit ball. He gave up one run, walked five, and struck out eight. Colton Murray Murray struck out three in two, no-hit innings. Dustin McGowan allowed one hit and picked up his 14th save.
O’Sullivan had one of the team’s seven hits. The IronPigs scored on Tyler Henson’s sac fly in the first inning, Tommy Joseph’s RBI single in the fourth, and Russ Canzler’s pinch hit, solo home run in the ninth.
- Kelly Dugan (.198) went 0-4 with 2 K.
- Tommy Joseph (.179) went 1-3 with an RBI.
Reading (77-56) beat the Bowie Baysox 9-8. Zach Eflin gave up five runs on nine hits in five innings. Ethan Martin and Jimmy Cordero kept the Sox off the board for three innings. Stephen Shackleford continued his recent woes, allowing three runs in one inning. He has given up 12 runs in three innings over his last four appearances, and watched his ERA balloon from 2.40 to 4.35.
Brodie Greene had a two-run single in the second inning. Dylan Cozens lined a two-run single, Rene Garcia had a sacrifice fly, and Angelo Mora stroked a two-run home run in the five-run third inning. Greene and KC Serna added RBI singles in the eighth inning.
- J.P. Crawford (.267) went 0-3 with a run scored and 2 walks.
- Andrew Knapp (.372) went 0-3 with a walk.
- Dylan Cozens went 2-4 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBI.
- Angelo Mora (.348) went 3-3 with a HR (3) and 2 RBI.
- Brodie Greene went 2-4 with 3 RBI.
- Destin Hood threw out a runner at home.
Clearwater (75-56) was rained out. They’ll play a double header against Daytona Monday. Matt Imhof and John Richy are scheduled to start.
No matter what happens this week, The Threshers will begin the playoffs with a road game at Daytona Tueday, September 8th. They will return home for game two on Wednesday, September 9th. If a third game is needed in the best of three series, it will be played at Bright House Field on Thursday. The Threshers, as first half winners, were given the choice of hosting game one or games two and three.
Lakewood (68-62) beat the Greesnboro Grasshoppers 15-8. The BlueClaws built an 11-0 lead by the seventh inning, then gave back eight runs before scoring four in the ninth. Ranfi Casimiro pitched into the seventh, striking out seven. He was charged with four runs Zach Morris pitched to five batters in the eighth without recording an out thanks to the three errors the infield committed. He was charged with four runs (only 1 ER).
The Claws amassed 18 hits and received six free passes. Everyone in the line up had at least one hit.
- Herlis Rodriguez (.296) went 2-5 with 3 runs scored and a walk.
- Drew Stankiewicz (.261) went 5-6 with 3 runs scored and a double.
- Damek Tomscha (.279) went 1-4 with 3 runs scored, 2 walks, a HR (7), and 3 RBI.
- Deivi Grullon went 4-6 with 2 runs scored, a HR (7), and 6 RBI.
- Cord Sandberg (.252) went 1-6.
- Jose Mayorga went 2-4 with 2 RBI.
- Emmanuel Marrero went 1-5 with a triple and 3 RBI.
- Herlis Rodriguez stole his 15th base.
Williamsport (43-25) lost to the Auburn Doubledays 4-0. Luke Leftwich went four innings and gave up four runs (1 ER) on eight hits. Denton Keys gave up one run in three innings. The Cutters collected four singles, Dylan Bosheers had half of them.
- Brendon Hayden (.311) went 0-4.
- Josh Tobias (.317) went 0-4.
- Austin Bossart (.341) went 1-4.
- Zachary Coppola threw a runner out at home.
- Keys picked off a runner at first.
GCL Phillies (36-24) Season completed. Finished in second place in Northwest Division, 4.0 games behind the GCL Blue Jays. They had the fourth best record in the GCL. Unfortunately, they finished 8-10 over the last three weeks while the Blue Jays finished 14-4 over the same span.
- “C” Randolph led the team with a .302 AVG, 52 H, 34 runs, 15 doubles, 3 triples, 32 BB/32 K, .425 OBP, .442 SLG, .866 OPS
- Luis Encarnacion led with 52 H, 4 HR, 36 RBI.
- Felix Paulino was tied with 5 wins and led with 46 K, 2.34 ERA, 0.92 WHIP.
- Paulino 46 K/5 BB in 50.0 IP, Bailey Falter 25 K/3 BB in 28.2 IP
DSL Phillies (40-32) Season completed. Finished tied for second place, three games back.
- AVG – Henry Santana .278
- OBP – Daniel Brito .421
- SLG – Santana .411
- OPS – Brito .728, Santana .725
- Edgar Gacia – 71 G, 255 AB, 47 R, 68 H, 14 doubles, 4 triples, 24 SB
- Nerluis Martinez – 5 HR
- RBI – Garcia and Ronaldo Marrero 28, Martinez 27, Santana 26
- Brito 35 K, 22 BB
VSL Phillies (30-40) Season completed. Finished tied for third in a four team league.
- Their leading hitter was Enger Jimenez – .307, 36 R, 33 RBI, 15 SB.
- Jimenez was second on the team with three HR.
- Lenin Rodriguez led the team with four HR.
- Sergio Velis (4-2, 1.33) was their best pitcher – 74.2 IP, 50 H, 14 BB, 59 K, 0.86 WHIP.
Here’s the affiliated scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- Claimed LHP Ken Roberts off waivers from Colorado Rockies.
- Philadelphia Phillies optioned Ken Roberts to Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
- Philadelphia Phillies optioned Nefi Ogando to Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
- Philadelphia Phillies selected the contract of RHP Alec Asher from Lehigh Valley IronPigs.