Here’s an open discussion thread so the minor league posts don’t get cluttered with Phillies’ talk and other topics.
Jonathan Papelbon made 2 appearances and finished 2 games this week, converting his one save opportunity. After 32 games, Papelbon has made 12 appearances, 11 games finished (6 saves, 5 non-saves).
Some other random stuff to light the fire –
- Chase Utley .116/.194/.221/.415 (lowest BA of any Phillies position player, 3 SP have higher BA – Hamels, Buchanan, and Billingsley)
- Hamels .273/.273/.273/.545
- Buchanan .167/.167/.333/.500
- Billingsley .333/.333/.333/1.667
- Billingsley has more HR (1) than Blanco, Hernandez, Herrera, Revere, Ruiz, Rupp, and Sizemore.
- Phillies .228/.282/.332/.614 (still the worst in NL)
- Although they have played more games than 9 NL teams. their 91 runs is the lowest in the league. Their 241 hits is tied for lowest with the division-leading Mets. They lead the league with 10 triples, but trail the league with 17 HRs.
- Their team ERA had been middle-of-the-road, but has now dropped to the bottom 4 in the NL. They have allowed the most hits (295) and the most walks (122). Opponents are hitting .272, only the Rockies’ .291 is higher.
- And, finally (it’s early but what the heck) the Phillies’.344 winning percentage is tied for the worst in baseball with the surging Milwaukee Brewers. They are one of five teams with a winning percentage below .400.