This is something I’ve been spending a lot of time working on with the completion of my Reader Top 30, and I feel like I have things where I want them, so I wanted to make another detailed post talking about my new creation, the SONAR score. If you’ve been around for a while, you read my introduction pieces here and here back in November. Like any good social scientist, I set out with a goal; to try and figure out a way to evaluate minor league prospects across all leagues, factoring in all of the aspects of the game that can be accurately measured, to try and evaluate what prospects have done, and which players might succeed/struggle going forward based on their peripherals. Along the way, I encountered many difficulties, including the simple amount of work it entails to code over 5,000 players into a system, and then trying to figure out if the formulas I used were accurate, helpful, or off the mark. My test run was published in November, and then I started to do position by position breakdowns. It was during this process, when I was looking at the numbers in depth (and based on reader feedback) that I discovered some of the flaws in the system, and I set about fixing the errors, making adjustments, and trying to make the system the best it can be. As any person who tries to create something new, the first run (or first 10 in this case) rarely is ever perfect. But a good scholar always tries to improve, to figure out what is missing, and to try and make it the best it can be. So that is where we are now. Check below for the details.