On to the vote for the #30 prospect in the organization. This is where the polling process changed. The rules are listed in the next section.
This is a readers’ poll. It’s not a popularity contest for friends and family.
In order to make this as easy as possible (FOR ME), I’m asking you to confine your answers to TWO WORDS, FIRST NAME (a space) LAST NAME.
Any comments regarding the polls should be entered in the weekly discussion. I’ll read them there.
The number twenty-nine spot went to Andrew Schultz.
- Andrew Schultz received eight votes,
- Jordi Martinez received seven votes,
- Casey Martin received six votes,
- Jamari Baylor received three votes,
- Dominic Pipkin, Kyle Dohy, Nicolas Torres, and Yemal Flores received one vote each,
- Billy Sullivan, Carlo Reyes, Ethan Lindow, Jared Carr, Victor Lopez, and Daniel Brito, received one vote each.
I’m glad to see that someone cast a vote for Daniel Brito. I included his name in the player list and exposed it on the last line by itself to see if anyone would select him. You’ll be happy to know that I heard several weeks ago, Brito had recovered enough to take part in a couple baseball-related activities. I don’t know if he’s recovered enough to play professionally again, but I’ll keep my eye out for him at the Complex. I have no reason to expect this, but it would not surprise me to see him there at some point this spring. That’s more my hope and prayer than anything I’ve seen, heard, or read.
It would not bother me to see Brito get 50 votes in this poll. In fact, it’s probably a good thing that you are voting in the comments section. You could not trust me to not declare Brito the winner in a closed vote. After all, he was my 31st prospect in the year-end poll run by Mitch Rupert.
The Top 30, so far:
- Bryson Stott
- Mick Abel
- Andrew Painter
- Logan O’Hoppe
- Johan Rojas
- Luis Garcia
- Matt Vierling
- Hans Crouse
- Yhoswar Garcia
- Erik Miller
- Ethan Wilson
- Griff McGarry
- Jhailyn Ortiz
- Simon Muzziotti
- Francisco Morales
- Mickey Moniak
- Jordan Viars
- Damon Jones
- James McArthur
- Lee Hao Yu
- Kendall Simmons
- Christian McGowan
- Erubiel Armenta
- Micah Ottenbreit
- Alexeis Azuaje
- Rickardo Perez
- William Bergolla
- Cristian Hernandez
- Andrew Schultz
Here are some players from which you can choose –
- Andrew Baker, Jamari Baylor, Erick Brito,
- Ben Brown, Jean Cabrera, Jared Carr, Kyle Dohy,
- Marcus Lee Sang, Adam Leverett, Ethan Lindow,
- Casey Martin, Jordi Martinez, Gunner Mayer, Freylin Minyety,
- Andrick Nava, Corey Phelan, Dominic Pipkin,
- Carlo Reyes, Christopher Sanchez, Jadiel Sanchez, Donny Sands,
- Eduar Segovia, D.J. Stewart, Billy Sullivan,
- Nicolas Torres, Manuel Urias,Gabriel Yanez, Mike Adams,
- Tyler Adams, Samuel Aldegheri, Aiden Anderson, Joalbert Angulo,
- Mark Appel, Edward Barboza, Eiberson Castellano, Colton Eastman,
- Jaydenn Estanista, Wilfredo Flores, Yemal Flores, Vito Friscia,
- Matt Goodheart, D.J. Jefferson, Estibenzon Jimenez, Matt Kroon,
- Nick Lackney, Victor Lopez, Fernando Lozano, Rafael Marcano,
- Brian Marconi, Jake McKenna, Alex McKenney, Oswald Medina,
- Adony Mejia, Matt Osterberg, Jose Pena, Kervin Pichardo,
- Anthony Quirion, Baron Radcliff, Austin Ross, Matt Russell,
- Brett Schulze, Jeff Singer, Josh Stephen, Gavin Tonkel,
- Giuseppe Velasquez, Zach Warren, Jared Wetherbee, J.P. Woodward,
- Braden Zarbniskey, Michael Kelly, Tyler Cyr, Trevor Bettencourt,
- Jonathan Hennigan, Scott Moss, Albertus Barber, Matt Seelinger,
- Julian Garcia, Ethan Evanko, Joe Gatto, Darick Hall,
- Colby Fitch, Wendell Rio, David Parkinson, Dalton Guthrie,
- Taylor Lehman, Joel Cesar, Madison Stokes, Tyler Carr,
- McCarthy Tatum, Jake Hernandez, Braden Ogle, Jack Perkins,
- Luke Miller, Jack Conley, Chris Cornelius, Josh Hendrickson,
- Tyler Phillips, Blake Brown, Kyle Glogoski, Nick Matera,
- Keylan Killgore, Jonathan Hughes, Chase Antle, Tom Sutera,
- Tyler McKay, Hunter Markwardt, Andrew Brown, Mark Potter,
- Herbert Iser, Jonas De La Cruz, Nate Fassnacht, Jhordany Mezquita,
- Sal Gozzo, Noah Skirrow, Ben Pelletier, Manuel Silva,
- Carlos Francisco, Johnathan Guzman, Carlos De La Cruz, Jose Tortolero,
- Victor Vargas, Konnor Ash, Dylan Castaneda, Starlyn Castillo,
- Gabriel Cotto, Dallas Dyar, Jordan Fowler, Alex Garbrick,
- Maikel Garrido, Buddy Heyward, Sam Jacobsak, Tommy McCollum,
- Nicoly Pina, Jason Ruffcorn, Rodolfo Sanchez, Jose Ulloa,
- Spencer Van Scoyoc, Cam Wynne, Juan Aparicio, Christopher Burke,
- Arturo De Freitas, Rixon Wingrove, Felix Reyes, Yoan Antonac,
- Carlos Betancourt, Malik Binns, Ty Collins, Tristan Garnett,
- Lee Ji Tae, Scott Parker, Jaylen Smith, Christopher Soriano,
- Jose Valdez-Acuna, Freddy Francisco, Oscar Gonzalez, Micah Yonamine,
- Guarner Dipre, Albert Jerez, Edgar Made, Wilson Valdez,
- Uziel Viloria, Jefferson Encarnacion, Luis Pelegrin, Aroon Escobar,
- and Daniel Brito.
Let’s try and muddle through this for the remaining poll unless (heaven forbid) you want to go past thirty.
Okay, there has been one request to continue past thirty. I’m inclined to continue as long as we have interest (interest = votes). I’m going to continue in increments of ten. So, at forty I’ll decide if we have enough interest to continue. I suspect we might garner enough interest as long as the owners and players haven’t reached an agreement.
When this is completed, I’ll post my revised top prospects list. It is usually different from most prospect lists. I generally have a tighter definition of “prospect” that excludes older prospects, most prospects on the forty, well-traveled players who are new to the organization, most AAAA and AAA players, … That doesn’t mean I don’t think these players aren’t good or can’t help the Phillies during the season, just that to me “prospect” leaves some level of expectation regarding a player, a ceiling that can still be attained. Once we know who/what a player is, the “prospect” tag (for me) doesn’t seem to fit anymore.