The Clearwater Threshers (18-27) lost to the Palm Beach Cardinals, 7-6. The Threshers rallied twice. Once to take an early 4-2 lead, and again in the ninth but fell one run short.
Mauricio Llovera (2-4, 4.41) gave up all 7 runs (5 ER) in 3.2 innings. He gave up 5 hits and 3 walks. Felix Paulino (3.86) entered in the fourth with 2 runners on base and let both inherited runners score. He pitched 2.1 innings and gave up 3 hits and a walk. Blake Quinn (3.54) and Jeff Singer (3.86) pitched one scoreless inning each.
The Threshers scored 4 runs in the third inning on Adam Haseley’s RBI double, Darick Hall’s RBI single Mickey Moniak’s RBI single, and Edgar Cabral’s bases loaded walk. They scored 22 runs in the ninth on Austin Listi’s RBI single and Hall’s bases loaded walk.
Haseley, Jose Gomez, and Luke Williams had 2 hits each.
- #1 Sixto Sanchez (2-3 , 3.21):
- #2 Adonis Medina (4-2, 5.97):
- #3 Adam Haseley: went 2-4 with a run scored, RBI, BB
- #4 Mickey Moniak: went 1-5 with an RBI
- #8 Arquimedes Gamboa: went 1-5 with a run scored
- #17 Jose Gomez: went 2-4 with 2 runs scored
- #21 McKenzie Mills (0-2, 4.65):
- #28 Connor Seabold (1-3, 4.06):
- Bailey Falter (3-0, 1.60):
In other action –
Lehigh Valley (25-19) lost to the Rochester Red Wings, 2-0.
Ben Lively (1-1, 1.59) gave up 2 runs on 5 hits and 2 walks in six innings. He struck out five. Mark Leiter (0.00) pitched two scoreless innings. Zac Curtis (1.98) struck out three in one inning.
The IronPigs tallied just 5 hits, but drew 6 walks.
Joey Meneses picked up an outfield assist, throwing out Brock Stassi at second base.
- #12 Enyel De Los Santos (5-1, 1.39):
- #13 Tom Eshelman (1-3, 5.73):
- #14 Roman Quinn (.289): 7-day DL, right middle finger strain
- #16 Dylan Cozens (.229): went 1-3 with a BB
- #22 Drew Anderson (1-0, 3.72):
- #23 Cole Irvin (4-1, 3.21):
Reading (16-27) beat New Hampshire, 4-3.
Jacob Waguespack (3.50) tossed four scoreless innings allowing 3 hits and a walk while striking out five. Tyler Viza (8.00) gave up 3 runs in 0.2 innings on 3 hits and a walk including home runs by Bo Bichette and Vlad Guerrero. Austin Davis (1-1, 3.86) stranded an inherited runner, allowed a hit, and struck out two in 1.1 innings. Seth McGarry (3.32) walked two in two, scoreless innings. Edgar Garcia (0.69) struck out two on his way to his 4th save.
The Phils opened the scoring with 2 runs in the second inning on Austin Bossart’s 2-run single. They added a run in the fourth on Jiandido Tromp’s RBI single. After the Fisher Cats tied the game in the fifth, the Phils scored the eventual game winner on Damek Tomscha’s RBI single.
Austin Bossart had a 2-hit game.
Cornelius Randolph had an outfield assist at third base.
- #6 JoJo Romero (1-4, 5.70):
- #7 Franklyn Kilome (1-2, 6.11):
- #9 Ranger Suarez (1-1, 4.25): 7-day DL, right hamstring strain
- #15 Cornelius Randolph (.195): went 1-4 with a run scored
Lakewood (25-20) swept a double header from the Hagerstown Suns, 4-3 and 5-3.
Game One: Will Stewart (1.45) pitched 6.2 innings. He gave up 3 runs (2 ER) on 5 hits and 2 walks while striking out five. He was lifted after issuing a 2-out single on his 100th pitch (68 strikes). Zach Warren (1-1, 2.84) stranded the runner, striking out the one batter he faced, and was rewarded with the win.
The BlueClaws pounded out 11 hits. They opened the game scoring with 2 runs in the first inning on two-out RBI singles by Colby Fitch and Nick Maton. They tied the game in the fifth on Jake Scheiner’s lead off HR (7). They walked off in the seventh on Kevin Markham’s lead off single, Scheiner’s sacrifice, and Daniel Brito’s game-winning, RBI single.
Kevin Markham (.280) had a 3-hit game. Jhailyn Ortiz and Colby Fitch had 2 hits each.
- #5 Jhailyn Ortiz (.176): went 2-3 with a run scored
- #11 Daniel Brito (.212): went 1-4 with an RBI
- #30 Nick Maton (.276): went 1-3 with an RBI
Game Two: In a “bull pen game”, Luis Carrasco pitched three innings, giving up just one run on four hits and a walk, and striking out two. Randy Alcantara (7.02) walked two in a scoreless fourth. But got a quick hook after opening the fifth with a single and a HR. Kyle Dohy (2-3, 1.14) entered, pitched two no-hit innings, struck out three, and got the win. Addison Russ (0.76) pitched a perfect seventh for his 9th save.
The BlueClaws did all their scoring in the first four innings. They tied the game with a run in the first inning when Dalton Guthrie reached on an error, was moved to third on a Jhailyn Ortiz’ double, and scored on Quincy Nieporte’s RBI ground out. They took the lead with two runs in the second when Yahir Gurrola and Josh Stephen singled and scored on Jake Scheiner’s 2-run double, all three hits with two outs. Lakewood added a run in the third when Nick Maton singled with two out and scored on Rodolfo Duran’s RBI double. They tacked on an insurance run in the fourth on a two-out throwing error following singles by Stephen and Ortiz.
Jhailyn Ortiz and Josh Stephen had 2-hit games. Ortiz had 4 hits in the double header.
- #5 Jhailyn Ortiz (.194): went 2-4 with a double
- #11 Daniel Brito (.212): DNP
- #18 Kyle Young (1-0, 0.00):
- #20 Spencer Howard (3-3, 4.45):
- #27 Simon Muzziotti (.293): 7-day DL (hand injury, in Clearwater)
- #30 Nick Maton (.277): went 1-3 with a run scored
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
One prospect is in Philadelphia.
- #10 Seranthony Dominguez: 9.0 of 50 IP, 17 of 45 days with Phillies (6/20)
And these guys are still in Clearwater.
- #19 Francisco Morales: XST
- #24 Luis Garcia: XST
- #25 J.D. Hammer: XST
- #26 Kevin Gowdy: not expected to pitch this season
- #29 Jonathan Guzman: XST
5/24/18–Luke Leftwich tansferred from Reading to Lehigh Valley
5/22/18–LHP Brandon Leibrandt assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
5/22/18–LHP Tom Windle assigned to Lehigh Valley from Reading
5/22/18–LHP Joey DeNato assigned to Lehigh Valley from Reading
5/22/18–RHP Jose Taveras assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
5/22/18–RHP Ranfi Casimiro assigned to Williamsport from Reading
5/21/18–RHP Jacob Waguespack assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
5/21/18–LHP Jakob Hernandez assigned to Clearwater from Lakewood
5/21/18–RHP Alberto Tirado assigned to Williamsport from Clearwater
5/21/18–Lakewood activated RF Jhailyn Ortiz from the 7-day DL
5/21/18–Lakewood activated C Colby Fitch from the 7-day DL
5/21/18–RHP Connor Brogdon assigned to Williamsport from Lakewood
5/21/18–C Nerluis Martinez assigned to Williamsport from Lakewood
5/21/18–RF Danny Mayer assigned to Williamsport from Lakewood
5/21/18–LHP David Parkinson assigned to Lakewood from Williamsport
5/20/18–Phillies sent RHP Jerad Eickhoff on a rehab assignment to Lehigh Valley
5/20/18–Austin Davis assigned to Reading from Lehigh Valley
5/20/18–Lehigh Valley activated 1B Matt McBride from the 7-day DL
The rosters and lists are up to date as of 5/24. I’ve got 326 players in the organization.
- The organization’s rosters
- The organization’s injury list
- The organization’s Rule 5 eligibility list