The Phillies won four of seven games last week. They dropped two of three against the Braves, and then went to Miami and took three of four from the Marlins. They have a 52-84 record and a .382 PCT.
The Phillies continue their road trip in New York with three against the Mets then go to DC for four against the Nationals before returning home. The Phillies play 19 of the next 26 games against East Division opponents. The exceptions are a 3-game series against the A’s and a 4-game series against the Dodgers, both at CBP. They finish the season with 16 of 19 games at CBP.
The Phillies are still 30.0 games out of first place in the East Division, and have been officially eliminated. They are 6.0 games behind the fourth place Mets. Weak divisional foes may be their biggest obstacle to the 1:1 pick in the 2018 draft. They are 20.0 games behind the Rockies in the Wild Card race, with an elimination number of seven.
Now, the race we might have a chance to win –
|Bottom 10 Teams||W||L||PCT||GB||L10||STRK||PCT 8/20||Net Gain/Loss|
|Chi White Sox||54||81||0.400||2.5||5-5||W2||0.403||1.5|
The Giants have closed to within 0.5 games of the Phillies, and actually have one more loss. All teams but San Diego gained ground.
Key dates remaining:
- December 10-14th – Winter Meetings in Orlando
- December 14th – Rule 5 Draft
Last Week’s Transactions:
- 9/3 – Phillies sent 1B Brock Stassi outright to Lehigh Valley
- 9/3 – Phillies recalled RHP Jake Thompson from Lehigh Valley
- 9/3 – Phillies recalled CF Cameron Perkins from Lehigh Valley
- 9/2 – Phillies transferred RHP Jerad Eickhoff from the 10-Day DL to the 60-Day DL. Nerve irritation in right hand
- 9/2 – Phillies claimed Kevin Siegrist off waivers from St. Louis Cardinals
- 9/2 – RHP Alberto Tirado assigned to Clearwater from Reading
- 9/2 – Clearwater placed RHP Harold Arauz on the 7-Day DL
- 9/1 – Phillies activated RHP Juan Nicasio
- 9/1 – Phillies sent OF Aaron Altherr on a rehab assignment to Lehigh Valley
- 9/1 – Phillies sent OF Odubel Herrera on a rehab assignment to Lehigh Valley
- 9/1 – Phillies released RHP Casey Fien
- 9/1 – RHP Edgar Garcia assigned to Reading from Clearwater (paper transaction)
- 9/1 – Clearwater activated RF Jose Pujols from the temporarily inactive list
- 8/31 – Phillies claimed RHP Juan Nicasio off waivers from Pittsburgh Pirates
- 8/31 – Phillies designated 1B Brock Stassi for assignment
- 8/31 – Phillies placed RHP Jerad Eickhoff on the 10-Day DL. Nerve irritation in hand
- 8/31 – Phillies sent CF Odubel Herrera on a rehab assignment to Reading
- 8/31 – Phillies sent OF Aaron Altherr on a rehab assignment to Reading
- 8/31 – Lehigh Valley sent RHP Mark Appel on a rehab assignment to GCL Phillies
- 8/31 – Reading sent RHP Miguel Nunez on a rehab assignment to GCL Phillies
- 8/30 – Phillies recalled RHP Ricardo Pinto from Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- 8/29 – 1B Darick Hall assigned to Clearwater from Lakewood
- 8/29 – Clearwater placed RF Jose Pujols on the temporarily inactive list
- 8/29 – Luis Carrasco assigned to Lakewood from Williamsport
- 8/27 – Phillies optioned RHP Drew Anderson to Lehigh Valley
- 8/27 – Phillies recalled Nick Pivetta from Lehigh Valley
- The organization’s rosters are up to date.
- The organization’s injury list is as up to date as I can make it.
- The organization’s Rule 5 eligibility list is as accurate as I can make it based on the
Here’s the open discussion thread for Phillies’ talk and other topics.