Short slate last night.
Reading lost in Trenton, but Scott Kingery hit his 14th home run.
Clearwater was suspended in the top of the fourth leading 4-0.
Lakewood won in the 10th on a walk off. Mickey Moniak hit his first HR in the first inning and his triple became the winning run. How’s that for some power?
Lehigh Valley (29-14) did not play.
- #1 Crawford (.191):
- #3 Alfaro (.285):
- #4 Williams (.259): )
- #6 Quinn (.276):
- #9 Cozens (.212):
- #12 Pivetta (2-0, 0.69):
- #13 Hoskins (.315):
- #17 Pinto (3-3, 5.85):
- #20 Appel (2-2, 6.69):
- #25 Lively (5-1, 2.79):
- #30 Valentin (.229): 7-day DL
Reading (23-16) lost to Trenton, 6-2.
John Richy (1-1, 6.14) gave up 4 runs in 5.0 innings on 7 hits and one walk, He struck out four. Mario Sanchez (1.75) pitched 2.0 scoreless innings. Alexis Rivero (3.04) gave up 2 runs in 1.0 inning on 3 hits and a walk.
Kingery put the Phils on the board with a lead off, solo HR (14) in the sixth inning. They scored a run in the top of the ninth on Chace Numata’s (.252) RBI double.
- #11 Kingery (.290): 1-3 with a run scored, HR (14), RBI (28), BB
- #18: El. Garcia: Restricted List, 80-Game suspension
- #22 Anderson (3-1, 5.26): DNP
- #23: Arano: 7-Day DL
- #24 Tocci (.312): 1-4 with a run scored, K
- #28 Canelo (.311): DNP
- Pullin (.333): 1-3 with a BB, 2 K
- Tromp (.259): 1-4 with a K
Clearwater (24-20) suspended in the top of the fourth leading 4-0.
The unfortunate thing here is that Franklyn Kilome had thrown 3.0 shutout innings and just 36 pitches, although only 19 were strikes (52.7%). He won’t be able to continue tomorrow, so the Threshers will be into their bullpen again tomorrow for at least six innings. This also puts a little pressure on the next three starters (Irvin, Tirado, and Quinn) since Friday is another bullpen game with Edgar Garcia scheduled to start.
Oh, and for those of you who wondered about Randolph being out of the line up. He was back in the line up last night. He was given Sunday off after being in the line up for both games Saturday night. He’s playing in a 5-man outfield where 3 guys (Coppola, Rodriguez, and Laird) are more productive than he and Pujols. He’s going to see some time off.
- # 5 Kilome (2-2, 3.98):
- #10 Randolph (.191):
- #27 Ed. Garcia (1-0, 3.92): DNP
- #29 Pujols (.196):
Lakewood (25-19) beat Greensboro, 3-2 in an 11-inning walk off.
Nick Fanti (1.52) did it again. Pitched well. He held Greensboro to 2 runs in 6.0 innings on 2 hits and 2 walks. He struck out nine. Jonathan Hennigan (5.89) struck out the side in the seventh, but was lifted after opening the eighth with 2 walks. Ismael Cabrera (4-2, 1.31) blew the save when he wild pitched the tying run home, his second blown save in his last three appearances. He pitched 3.0 innings and eventually got the win.
Every starter got a hit except Luke Williams (.154). Mickey Moniak, Raul Rivas (.304), and Edgar Cabral (.232) had 2 hits each. Rivas had 2 SB (3) and Williams had one (7).
Lakewood scored a run in the bottom of the first inning on Mickey Moniak’s home run (1) to right field. After Greensboro tied the game in the fifth, the Blue Claws came right back in the bottom half and scored a run on a two-out single by Rivas after Daniel Brito’s two-out double. And finally, with two out in the tenth inning, Moniak tripled to center field. He scored on Darick Hall’s (.271) game-winning, RBI single (22).
Hennigan picked a runner off first base.
The BlueClaws released Zach Morris (1-1, 6.23). He had given up 9 ER in his last 6 appearances (10 IP). In those same 6 appearances, he allowed 16 hits, 11 walks, and struck out ten. Even in his 2 scoreless outings in that span, Morris allowed 9 base runners in 3.1 innings pitched. South Jersey’s Casey Brown was called up to fill his bullpen slot.
- #2 Moniak (.286): 2-3 with 2 runs scored, triple, HR (1), RBI (17), 2 BB
- #7 Sanchez (1-2, 3.70): DNP
- #16 Medina (1-2, 2.03): DNP
- #19 Brito (.254): 1-5 with a run scored, double, K
- #26 Romero (2-1, 2.11): DNP
Williamsport (0-0) – first game on Monday, June 19th at State College.
- #8 Gowdy
- #15 Stobbe
- #21 Ortiz
GCL Phillies (0-0) – first game on Monday, June 26th v. Yankees West.
DSL Phillies (0-0) – first game on Saturday, June 3rd.
DSL Phillies2 (0-0) – first game on Saturday, June 3rd.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Transactions (and paper moves)
- 5/22 – Lakewood BlueClaws released LHP Zach Morris.
- 5/22 – LHP Casey Brown assigned to Lakewood BlueClaws from Williamsport Crosscutters.
- 5/21 – SS Jonathan Guzman assigned to Clearwater Threshers from DSL Phillies.
- 5/21 – SS Emmanuel Marrero assigned to Phillies Ext. Spring Training from Clearwater Threshers.
- 5/21 – Phillies activated RHP Aaron Nola from the 10-day disabled list.
- 5/21 – Phillies optioned Adam Morgan to Lehigh Valley IronPigs.