The Lakewood BlueClaws will continue their post season against the Rome Braves on the road Monday night. Lakeland has posted their staring rotation for the first four games on their web page. Franklyn Kilome gets game one.
Note that the game four starter, Harold Arauz, is not on the Lakewood roster. He was assigned to Williamsport on September 7th so that the BlueClaws could add the Crosscutters’ outfielder Jesus Alastre to the roster. Expect one of the BlueClaws’ starting pitchers in games one, two, or three to be assigned to the short-season affiliate to make room for Arauz should the series go to four games.
Lakewood (74-65, 2-0) Opens the SAL championship series in Rome, GA against the Atlanta Braves Class A affiliate. Franklyn Kilome takes the mound in the opener. Kilome finished the season with a 5-8 record and a 3.85 ERA. In 114.2 innings, he gave up about one hit per inning (113, 8.9/9 IP), walked 50 (3.9/9 IP), and struck out 130 (10.2/9 IP). His K/BB was 2.60 and he had a 1.422 WHIP. He wasn’t particularly susceptible to the long ball, only giving up 6 HR (0.5/9 IP) in 23 starts.
Kilome pitched better down the stretch. He went 4-1 in his final 10 starts with a 2.22 ERA. In 52.2 innings, Kilome gave up 45 hits (7.7/9 IP), walked 16 (2.7/9 IP), and struck out 71 (12.1/9 IP). His K/BB was 4.41. and he had a 1.12 WHIP. He gave up only 1 HR in his final 10 games (0.17/9 IP).
- Monday, September 12th: @Rome (Franklyn Kilome)
- Tuesday, September 13th: @Rome (Seranthony Dominguez)
- Wednesday, September 14th: No game scheduled
- Thursday, September 15th: v. Rome (Alberto Tirado)
- Friday, September 16th: v. Rome (Harold Arauz)
- Saturday, September 17th: v. Rome (TBD)
- 9/11 – Phillies recalled CF Roman Quinn from Reading Fightin Phils.
- 9/11 – Phillies recalled Jorge Alfaro from Reading Fightin Phils.
- Organization Rosters are up to date.