Lehigh’s Adam Morgan picked up the win when he came on in relief in a game in which he had been scratched as the starter. Ruf and Williams hit homers. IronPigs tied for first in International League North Division.
Ricardo Pinto tossed a one-hitter for six innings, in a game the Phils eventually lost.
Zach Green and Josh Tobias had 3-hit nights in a losing effort for Clearwater.
Alberto Pinto and Damek Tomscha guided Lakewood into first place with a victory last night.
Ranger Suarez pitched Williamsport to another win in first game after no-hitter.
Nick Fanti had another scoreless outing in the GCL Phillies win.
Lehigh Valley (67-42) Beat Scranton, 7-1. James Russell (3.89) went 3.0 innings allowing a solo home run on 4 hits. Adam Morgan (5-1, 3.24) took over and limited the RailRiders to 5 base runners over the final 6 innings, striking out six. He also picked off a base runner. Nick Williams and Darin Ruf had 2 hits apiece. Williams hit a 2-run HR (11), Ruf (.288) hit a solo HR (15), and Cedric Hunter (.292) hit a 3-run double.
- #1 Crawford (.258) went 0-3 with a BB.
- #3 Williams (.283) went 0-4 with an RBI.
- #5 Thompson (11-5, 2.29) – 7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 HBP.
- #11 Appel – DL, season-ending surgery to remove a bone spur.
- #12 Knapp (.273) went 2-4 with a double.
- #24 Lively (4-4, 3.86) – DNP.
- #28 Ramos (0.38) – promoted to Philadelphia.
Reading (71-37) Lost to Bowie, 5-2. Ricardo Pinto held the Baysox to 1 hit and 2 runs in 6.0 innings. He gave way to Jimmy Cordero who gave up 2 go-ahead runs in his one inning of work. Scott Kingery, KC Serna (.291), and Angelo Mora (.253) had 2 hits each. Kingery and Mora each had an RBI. Dylan Cozens whiffed 3 times in 4 AB. In all, the Phils K-ed 12 times.
- #4 Alfaro (.293) went 1-4.
- #7 Cozens (.278) went 0-4 with 3 K.
- #8 Quinn (.288) DL, oblique, rehabbing with the GCL Phillies.
- #13 Hoskins (.281) went 1-4 with a double.
- #14 Kingery (.343) went 2-4 with an RBI.
- #16 Pinto – (4-4, 4.46) – 6.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 HR.
- #18 Pivetta – (9-6, 3.64) – DNP.
- #19 Eshelman (2-2, 6.75) – DNP.
- #26 Cordero – (13.50) – 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K.
Clearwater (63-43) Lost to Fort Myers, 11-6. Elniery Garcia had another rocky outing. He couldn’t respond when a team mate committed an error on a play that would have ended the second inning, and gave up a 2-run single a couple batters later. Later he set up another unearned run on his own throwing error.
Yacksel Rios turned a 4-run deficit into a 7-run hole. When the Threshers closed to 8-6, Victor Arano couldn’t limit the damage after a Malquin Canelo, run-scoring error, and gave up 3 singles and 2 more runs before getting out of the inning.
The Threshers scored first on Canelo’s RBI single. After their pitching an defense let them down, they closed to within two runs on Carlos Tocci’s RBI single, Josh Tobias’ sacrifice fly, another Canelo RBI single, Josh Tobias’ RBI single, and Jiandido Tromp’s RBI single.
Tobias (.478) and Zach Green (.262) had 3 hits each. The Threshers had 14 hits, 12 of them singles and 2 doubles. Tobias had 2 RBI. Garcia picked a runner off base. Sandberg picked up an outfield assist at second base that saved Rios additional damage in the fifth.
- #20 Garcia (9-3, 2.72) – 4.0, 6 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 1 HBP.
- #22 Canelo (.247) went 2-4 with BB, and RBI. He committed his 23rd error.
- #23 Tocci (.276) went 2-3 with a BB and RBI.
Lakewood (50-55) Beat Greensboro, 2-1. Alberto Tirado struck out 9 Grasshoppers in 5.0 innings of 1-run ball. Jeff Singer (0.43) struck out 5 in 3.0 innings. Sutter McLoughlin (2.94) picked up his 6th save. Damek Tomscha provided all the offense with a 2-run home run in the third inning.
- #6 Randolph (.246) went 1-4.
- #9 Kilome (3-7, 4.31) – DNP.
- #27 Pujols (.223) went 0-4 with 2 K.
- #29 Edgar Garcia – DNP.
- #30 Tirado (3-1, 4.72) – 5.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K.
Williamsport (27-16) Beat Mahoning Valley, 3-2. In his first start after his complete game one-hitter, Ranger Suarez had another strong effort. He went 6.0 innings, gave up 2 runs (1 ER) on 4 hits and 2 walks. He struck out six. Three relievers shutout the Scrappers the rest of the way with Julian Garner and Alexander Kline each striking out 2 in their inning, and Jake Kelzer picking up his third save.
The Crosscutters scored three first inning runs without a hit or RBI. Their first 4 batters reached base and two scored on five errors by the Scrappers. A double play brought home the third run. Here’s the top of the first –
- Mark Laird reaches on a fielding error by shortstop Alexis Pantoja.
- With Arquimedez Gamboa batting, missed catch error by Emmanuel Tapia on the pickoff attempt, Mark Laird to 2nd.
- Arquimedez Gamboa hits a sacrifice bunt. Fielding error by first baseman Emmanuel Tapia. Mark Laird scores. Arquimedez Gamboa to 2nd.
- David Martinelli reaches on a fielding error by first baseman Emmanuel Tapia. Arquimedez Gamboa scores. David Martinelli to 2nd.
- Darick Hall reaches on a fielding error by right fielder Silento Sayles. David Martinelli to 3rd.
- Lucas Williams grounds into a double play, third baseman Gavin Collins to second baseman Erlin Cerda to first baseman Emmanuel Tapia. David Martinelli scores. Darick Hall out at 2nd.
- Henri Lartigue grounds out, second baseman Erlin Cerda to first baseman Emmanuel Tapia.
Evan Rogers had 2 of the Crosscutters’ 6 hits. Scrappers’ pitchers struck out 13 batters. Arquimedes Gamboa left the game after a caught stealing in the third inning (left leg). Juan Luis was pulled after not running out a pop up. Suarez picked off a runner at first base.
- #17 Medina (4-1, 1.66) – DNP.
- #25 JoJo Romero – DNP.
GCL Phillies (22-10) Beat the GCL Yankees East, 5-0. Nick Fanti had another strong outing. He pitched five, two-hit, shutout innings, walked one, and struck out eight. Rehabbing Jairo Munoz, Jordan Kurokawa, Andrew Brown, and Tyler Frohwirth completed the 4-hit shutout.
Roman Quinn played a complete game and went 2-3 with a SB and run scored. Mickey Moniak stole 3 bases. Jhailyn Ortiz stole his FOURTH base and had 2 RBI.
- #2 Mickey Moniak (.322) went 1-3 with a BB, RBI, and 3 SB.
- #10 Kevin Gowdy (0-1, 4.50) – DNP.
- #15 Cole Stobbe (.266) went 0-4.
- #21 Jhailyn Ortiz (.276) went 1-3 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Josh Stephen (.286) DNP.
- Justin Miller (0-0, 4.15) – DNP.
- Andrew Brown (0-0, 2.19) – 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K.
- Will Stewart (1-2, 5.91) – DNP.
- Nick Fanti (4-0, 1.38) – 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K.
- Sanchez (3-0, 0.67) – DNP.
DSL Phillies (22-27) Beat the DSL Athletics, 5-1.
- Jonathan Guzman (.301) went 1-4.
- Keudy Bocio (.227) DNP.
- Simon Muzziotti (.250) went 0-4.
- Dixon Gutierrez (.274) went 0-4.
DSL Phillies2 (28-21) Beat the DSL Rays2, 7-6.
- Leonel Aponte (2-4, 3.09) – DNP.
- Carlos Oropeza (.198) went 1-5.
- Rafael Marchan (.343) went 1-5 with a double and RBI.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
- No transactions. Non-waiver trade deadline passed with no action by the Phillies.
- Organization Rosters are up to date.