Lehigh Valley (2-4) Lost to Pawtucket 13-1. The Red Sox collected 19 hits. Sean O’Sullivan got the win for Pawtucket.
- Williams picked up an outfield assist.
Reading (5-3) Beat Harrisburg 9-0. Nick Pivetta shut down the Senators on one hit over 6.0 innings. He struck out 7 and walked two. Yacksel Rios struck out 3 in 2.0 innings of hitless relief. Angelo More broke open a close game with a grand slam in the fifth inning.
- The Fightin’ Phils stroked 12 hits.
- Quinn stole his 4th base.
- Crawford went 1-4 with a 2B, BB, and RBI.
- Alfaro went 2-5.
- Hoskins went 1-3 with a BB.
- Mora went 3-5 with a HR (2) and 4 RBI.
- Aaron Brown went 1-5 with a 2B and RBI.
- Valentin went 1-4 with a 2B and RBI.
- Marrero went 1-1 with a HR (2) and 2 RBI.
- The Senators stole 2 bases but were caught once by Alfaro.
Clearwater (4-4) Beat Charlotte 6-4. Alexis Rivero entered the game with 2 men on base and nobody out in the sixth and preserved the current two-run deficit. Rivero pitched 3.0, one-hit innings and earned the victory when Kyle Martin drove a 3-2 pitch deep over the right field wall to take the lead in the bottom of the seventh. Charlotte opted to pitch to Martin after Carlo Tocci sacrificed Scott Kingery and Drew Stankiewicz into scoring position. They represented the tying and go-ahead runs. After a mound consult, Charlotte decided to pitch to Martin with first base open and Mitch Walding on deck. Martin fell behind 0-2 on a pair of change ups, but battled back to grab the lead for the Threshers.
- Kingery went 1-3 with a 2B.
- Martin went 1-3 with a HR (4), BB, and 3 RBI.
- Sandberg went 2-4.
- Canelo went 3-4 with 2 RBI.
- Kingery stole his second base.
- Charlotte stole a base, but Gabriel Lino threw out two runners.
Lakewood (1-7) Lost to Greessboro 7-4.
- Randolph went 1-2 with 2 RBI and 3 BB.
- Tobias went 4-5.
- Coppola stole his second base.
- 24-year old Ben Holmes mad a 3-inning appearance for Greensboro.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- Daniel Stumpf placed on the Restricted List. He was suspended for 80 games after testing positive for a banned substance (dehydrochlormethyltestosterone).
- Elvis Araujo recalled from Lehigh Valley.