All four affiliates in action lost last night. Looks like Jello was the order of the day as several pitchers turned in shaky outings.
Lehigh Valley (62-77) lost to the Pawtucket Red Sox 6-5. Seve Gonzalez gave up four runs in five innings on eight hits and two walks. Dustin McGowan walked in the go ahead run in the eighth inning. The IronPigs had fought back to tie the game in the top of the eighth on Tommy Joseph’s home run. Bogusevic, Canzler, Moore, and Pastornicky had 2 hits each.
- LF Kelly Dugan (.214) went 1-5.
- DH Tommy Joseph (.178) went 1-4 with a run scored, HR (2), and 3 RBI.
- C Logan Moore (.278) went 2-3 with a walk.
Reading (78-58) lost to the Binghamton Mets 16-4. The Mets scored in each of the first six innings. Joely Rodriguez was responsible for eight runs in 2.1 innings, Hoby Milner for five runs in 2.2 innings. Brodie Greene was asked to finish and gave up a two-run home run in the ninth.
The Phils managed five hits. Brian Pointer entered as a pinch hitter in the fifth and had two of them. Brock Stassi hit his 15th home run and drove in his 89th and 90th runs.
- J.P. Crawford (.269) went 0-3 with a walk and RBI.
- Andrew Knapp (.364) went 0-2 with a run scored and 2 walks.
- Dylan Cozens went 0-4 with 2 K.
- Angelo Mora (.347) went 1-4 with a double and RBI.
Clearwater (77-57) No game scheduled. Final series of the regular season begins Thursday against Dunedin.
Lakewood (70-63) lost to the Greensboro Grasshoppers 10-6. Lakewood pitching gave up four home runs which accounted for nine Hopper runs. Watson, Rayburn, and Delgado were all equally abused by the opposition. Kyle Martin and Cord Sandberg hit home runs for the BlueClaws.
- Herlis Rodriguez (.294) went 0-4.
- Scott Kingery (.253) went 1-3 with a double and sacrifice.
- Deivi Grullon (.219) went 2-4 with two runs scored, a double, RBI, and 2 K.
- Kyle Martin (.274) went 2-4 with a run scored, HR (4). 2 RBI, and 2 K.
- Cord Sandberg (.256) went 1-4 with a run scored, HR (5), and RBI.
- H-Rod threw a runner out at third base.
Williamsport (44-27) lost to the West Virginia Power 6-5 in 11 innings. Franklyn Kilome lasted two innings and gave up five runs on four hits and five walks. Feliberto Sanchez tossed four innings of one-hit ball and struck out seven. He led three relievers who shutout the Power until Kenny Koplove gave up a two-out, walk-off single after walking the bases loaded. Carlos Duran hit his second home run. Venn Biter had three hits.
- Josh Tobias (.313) went 0-4.
- Brendon Hayden (.305) went 0-5.
- Jan Hernandez (.216) went 0-4 with 2 K.
- Duran threw out a runner at third, Biter threw one out at home.
- Zachary Coppola stole his 19th base.
GCL Phillies (36-24) Season completed. Finished in second place in Northwest Division, 4.0 games behind the GCL Blue Jays. They had the fourth best record in the GCL. Unfortunately, they finished 8-10 over the last three weeks while the Blue Jays finished 14-4 over the same span.
- “C” Randolph led the team with a .302 AVG, 52 H, 34 runs, 15 doubles, 3 triples, 32 BB/32 K, .425 OBP, .442 SLG, .866 OPS
- Luis Encarnacion led with 52 H, 4 HR, 36 RBI.
- Felix Paulino was tied with 5 wins and led with 46 K, 2.34 ERA, 0.92 WHIP.
- Paulino 46 K/5 BB in 50.0 IP, Bailey Falter 25 K/3 BB in 28.2 IP
DSL Phillies (40-32) Season completed. Finished tied for second place, three games back.
- AVG – Henry Santana .278
- OBP – Daniel Brito .421
- SLG – Santana .411
- OPS – Brito .728, Santana .725
- Edgar Gacia – 71 G, 255 AB, 47 R, 68 H, 14 doubles, 4 triples, 24 SB
- Nerluis Martinez – 5 HR
- RBI – Garcia and Ronaldo Marrero 28, Martinez 27, Santana 26
- Brito 22 K, 35 BB
VSL Phillies (30-40) Season completed. Finished tied for third in a four team league.
- Their leading hitter was Enger Jimenez – .307, 36 R, 33 RBI, 15 SB.
- Jimenez was second on the team with three HR.
- Lenin Rodriguez led the team with four HR.
- Sergio Velis (4-2, 1.33) was their best pitcher – 74.2 IP, 50 H, 14 BB, 59 K, 0.86 WHIP.
Here’s the affiliated scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- No transactions.