The Phillies have announced the organization’s participants in the Arizona Fall League for 2015.
- J.P. Crawford
- Andrew Knapp
- Dylan Cozens
- Tom Windle
- Nick Pivetta
- Edubray Ramos
- Yacksel Rios
The players will be part of the Glendale Desert Dogs. The team will be made up of prospects from five teams. The other four teams are the Astros, Dodgers, Pirates, and White Sox. Todd Zolecki reported this story earlier today.
Lakewood’s Nelson Prada is attending as the hitting coach. The Desert Dogs full roster is listed here.
The eligibility rules to play in the AFL are listed below.
The roster size is 30 players per team.
Each Major League organization is required to provide six players subject to the following requirements:
- All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible, provided the players are on at least a Double-A level roster no later than Aug. 1.
- One player below the Double-A level is allowed per Major League team. (editor’s note: I believe this was expanded to two players last year. That would explain why Rios and Cozens can both be attend as “below AA players on August 1st.)
- One foreign player is allowed, as long as the player does not reside in a country that participates in winter ball, as part of the Caribbean Confederation or the Australian winter league.
- No players with more than one year of credited Major League service as of August 31 are eligible, except a team may select one player picked in the most recently concluded Major League Rule 5 Draft.
- To be eligible, players on Minor League disabled lists must be activated at least 45 days before the conclusion of their respective seasons.