Here’s an open discussion thread so the minor league posts don’t get cluttered with Phillies’ talk and other topics.
Jonathan Papelbon made 3 appearances and finished 3 games this week, converting his only save opportunity. After 26 games, Papelbon has made 10 appearances, 9 games finished (5 saves, 4 non-saves).
Some other random stuff to light the fire –
- Chase Utley .108/.181/.217/.398 (lowest BA of any Phillie with a hit, 3 SP have higher BA – Hamels, Buchanan, and Harang)
- Phillies .221/.276/.324/.600 (worst in NL, still)
- The batting averages of the Phillies starting eight from Sunday’s game after completion – .239, .108, .186, .193, .191, .271, .200, .167
- Sorta makes Seve Gonzalez’ victory even more improbable.
- Hard to believe that Dom Brown couldn’t crack that line up.
- Does Utley have any options remaining?