Lehigh Valley posted the affiliates’ only win last night in a combined two-hitter. Reading dropped their third straight game. Clearwater lost to Dunedin in their home opener. And, Lakewood was rained out.
Here is the box score recap. And, here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Lehigh Valley beat Pawtucket, 3-1, behind five one-hit innings by Zach Eflin. Tom Eshelman gets the Sunday start.
Zach Eflin allowed 5 base runners, all in the first 3 innings. One of the two walks he issued in the first was erased trying to steal second by Logan Moore. He retired the Sox in order in the second, but a nit batter, walk, and a single produced Pawtucket’s only run. Eflin retired the next seven batters. In addition to a hit and 3 walks, he struck out five.
Rafi Casimiro came in for the sixth, and allowed three base runners on a single (erased on a double play) and two walks.
Austin Davis retired the Sox in order in the seventh.
Zac Curtis walked one and struck out two in a scoreless eighth.
Pedro Beato struck out the side in a 1-2-3 ninth, and earned his first save.
The IronPigs scored first. Logan Moore led off the third inning with a walk. He moved to second on a soft come backer to the pitcher. He took third on an infield single by Roman Quinn that was deflected by the pitcher. Quinn stole second. Moore scored on Danny Ortiz’ sac fly. The inning ended after a Dylan Cozens’ walk and a pitching change.
Lehigh Valley added two runs in the fourth inning. Jesse Valentin was hit by a pitch to start the inning. He moved to third on a throwing error on an Andrew Pullin fielder’s choice. Matt McBride walked to load the bases. Alexi Amarista drove in two runs with a one out single.
Pullin had the IronPigs only other hit.
Three IronPigs’ batters were hit by a pitch ball. Four received walks.
Quinn was ejected in the seventh inning after his second strike out looking.
- #9 Enyel De Los Santos:
- #10 Dylan Cozens: went 0-3 with a walk and 2 K
- #11 Roman Quinn: went 1-4 with a SB and 2 K
- #22 Tom Eshelman:
- #24 Drew Anderson:
- Zach Eflin: (1-0, 1.80) – 5.0 IP,1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, HBP
- Andrew Pullin: went 1-4 with a run scored
Reading lost to Erie, 7-4. Jake Waguespack pitches Sunday to avoid the 4-game sweep.
Jojo Romero went four innings and gave up 6 runs on 7 hits. Tyler Gilbert pitched three innings in relief allowing one run on four hits. He struck out three. Seth McGarry gave up one hit and struck out three in two innings.
Reading scored a single run in the first on Jiandido Tromp’s ground out. They scored two in the sixth on Zach Green’s single. And a run in the eighth on Jan Hernandez’ rally killing double play with the bases loaded and nobody out.
Green, Hernandez, and Sandberg had two hits each.
Ten Phils were retired on strike outs.
- #7 Franklyn Kilome:
- #13 Cornelius Randolph: went 1-4 with 2 K
- #15 Ranger Suarez:
- #16 Jojo Romero: (0-1) – 4.0 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, HBP
- #29 Edgar Garcia:
- #30 Seranthony Dominguez:
- Damek Tomscha: went 0-3, 1 R, BB
- Cord Sandberg: went 2-4 with a double
- Jiandido Tromp: went 0-2 with 2 runs scored, an RBI and 2 BB
Clearwater lost to Dunedin, 6-1. Alejandro Requena pitches tomorrow in Dunedin.
McKenzie Mills retired the Jays in order in the first, and pitched his way out of a bases loaded, nobody out jam in the second. The Jays finally got to him with a coule HRs in the third. Jake Hernandez gave up two runs in two innings pitched. Ismael Cabrera pitched a clean inning. And, Jeff Singer pitched into and out of a bases loaded situation in the ninth.
The Threshers scored in the first on an Arquimedes Gamboa double and a Darick Hall RBI single.
Gamboa and Henri Lartigue had 2-hit games.
The Threshers committed their first error of the season.
- #1 Mickey Moniak: went 0-5
- #6 Adam Haseley: went 0-4
- #8 Adonis Medina:
- #17 Jose Gomez:
- #23 McKenzie Mills: (0-1, 9.00) – 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, 2 HR
- Arquimedes Gamboa: went 2-4 with a run scored, double, BB
- Darick Hall: went 1-4 with an RBI, BB
- Conner Seabold:
- Edgar Cabral:
- Austin Listi: went 1-3 with a BB
- Luke Williams: went 0-4
- Henri Lartigue: went 2-3 with a BB
Lakewood was rained out, to be made up Sunday. Spencer Howard and Damon Jones get the starts.
- #14 Cole Stobbe:
- #18 Daniel Brito:
- #20 Jhailyn Ortiz:
- #21 Spencer Howard:
- Simon Muzziotti:
- Quincy Nieporte:
- Malvin Matos:
- Jake Scheiner:
- Nick Maton:
- Josh Stephen:
- Will Stewart:
- Kyle Dohy:
These prospects aren’t on any official rosters, yet. Or they are with the big club. Prospect rankings are from MLB.
- #2 Sixto Sanchez: expected to debut for Clearwater when healthy
- #3 Scott Kingery: with Phillies
- #4 J.P. Crawford: with Phillies (89 career AB)
- #5 Jorge Alfaro: exceeded 130 AB, no longer has prospect status
- #28 Victor Arano: with Phillies
- #12 Kevin Gowdy: not expected to pitch this season
- #19 Elniery Garcia: not on a roster
- #25 Luis Garcia: not on a roster
- #26 Abrahan Gutierrez: not on a roster
- #27 Eliezer Alvarez: traded to Texas