Lehigh Valley (22-18) Beat Toledo 8-7 in fifteen innings. The bullpen blew a 3-1 lead in the ninth inning. The IronPigs had to rally to tie the game with 2 runs in the 12th and 14th innings before finally walking off in the 15th inning. David Buchanan scattered 8 hits in his seven innings. Edward Mujica blew his fourth save in the ninth. Boby LaFromboise weathered the four runs allowed in the 12th and 14th. James Russell got the win. Michael Mariot got half of the IronPigs 6 strike outs in his two innings.
The IronPigs were out hit 20-12. Taylor Featherston hit his fourth home run. The HR and a triple supplied two of the IronPigs three runs in regulation. Carlos Alonso tied the game in the 12th with a 2-run single. Alonso and Cedric Hunter tied the game in the 14th with RBI doubles. Andrew Knapp earned the walk off with an RBI double in the 15th.
- Buchanan – 7.0 IP, 8 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HR.
- Hunter (.279) went 2-7 with a double and RBI.
- Featherston (.315) went 3-6 with a triple, HR (4), 2 RBI, and HBP.
- Williams (.254) went 0-7.
- LF Ruf went 1-6 with a double, SF, and RBI.
- 1B Stassi (.242) went 0-3 with 4 BB.
- Sweeney (.246) went 1-6 with a sac.
- C Moore (.250) went 0-4 with a BB and 2 K.
- Knapp (.252) entered as a PR and went 2-2 with 2 doubles and an RBI (18).
- Alonso (.368) went 2-6 with a double and 3 RBI.
- LaFromboise (1) committed the error that led to the 2 unearned runs in the 12th.
Reading (26-14) Beat Bowie, 5-1. Anthony Vasquez (6-2, 1.82) pitched seven shutout innings. Mark Leiter and Hoby Milner mopped up. The Baysox scored a late run following an infield error. Jorge Alfaro and Rhys Hoskins each had 3 hits. J.P. Crawford blasted his third home run and drew 2 walks (that’s 30 in 36 games).
- Vasquez – 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.
- Quinn (.255) DNP.
- Crawford (.265) went 1-3 with a HR (3), 2 BB, and RBI.
- Alfaro (.359) went 3-5.
- Cozens (.282) went 0-4.
- Hoskins (.257) went 3-4 with double and RBI (23).
- Martinez caught stealing (1).
- Martinez committed 2 errors (6).
- Vasquez pickoff at first.
Clearwater (26-14) Game against the St. Lucie Mets cancelled due to wet grounds. They return to Clearwater for a 4-game series against the Palm Beach Cardinals. Their scheduled starters are –
- Friday, May 20th – Edgar Garcia (3-1, 2.27 ERA)
- Saturday, May 21st – Will Morris (2-1, 3.64 ERA)
- Sunday, May 22nd – Tyler Viza (5-1, 1.77 ERA)
- Monday, May 23rd – Tom Eshelman (2-1, 4.08 ERA)
Lakewood (15-24) Lost to Delmarva, 4-0. Luke Leftwich gave up 2 earned runs in 5.2 innings and struck out eight. The BlueClaws managed 7 hits. Emmanuel Marrero, Carlos Duran, and Damek Tomscha had 2 each.
- Leftwich – 5.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 8 K, 1 HBP.
- Marrero (.311) went 2-5.
- Duran (.333) went 2-4 with a double and BB.
- Tobias (.299) went 0-4.
- Pujols (.270) went 0-4 with 3 K.
- Grullon (.245) went 0-3 with a BB.
- Pujols had an outfield assist at home.
- Grullon had a passed ball (6).
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- 5/19 – Reinier Roibal assigned to Reading Fightin Phils from Lehigh Valley IronPigs.
- 5/19 – Lakewood BlueClaws released RHP Alejandro Arteaga.
- 5/19 – Kenny Koplove assigned to Lakewood BlueClaws from Phillies XST.
- The Rosters are up to date here.