I’m going to write one very brief post on this. The comments on this post will be turned off. My hope is that this clears up any gray areas or uncertainties. I’m going to use bullet points here so it is really easy to follow.
* This is my website. I started this website. A few very generous people have volunteered hours of their time to provide content and make this site better.
* Because this is my website, I get to make the rules. No one is forcing you to read this website. You can choose, under your own free will, to either read or not read the site.
* By choosing to read the site, you understand that I make the rules, and I enforce the rules as I see fit.
* In the last week, I’ve had to remove more comments than I had to remove in the 4+ years the site has been operational prior to the last week.
* I have a very busy life. I do not have time to sit here for hours a day and weed through/edit/delete comments because people are being abusive and nasty. Compared to most outlets of the internet, the discourse here is very friendly. Which is a testament to 99% of the people who regularly contribute.
* Going forward, if you see someone causing trouble, just ignore them. By responding, you only give them fuel.
* Any comments that break the rules, ie, personal attacks, foul language, or anything else unsightly will be removed. Consider this your first and only warning. If you don’t like this policy, I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not one for censorship, but I’m also not one for people taking a dump on my lawn, and this website is my lawn. Or something.
* In short, please grow up and be respectful of the site and each other. If you can’t make your point without being insulting, derogatory or overtly nasty, then your point probably isn’t worth making.