Day 75 of Mister Manfred’s lockout. The commissioner made a statement on Thursday. The two sides met Saturday. They are no closer to an agreement than they were in December.
Thursday, Manfred said that MLB was making a substantive offer to the players. He also said that he was optimistic that spring training would open on time. Saturday, the owners made an offer that did nothing to move the sides closer to an agreement.
Fortunately, there will be about 50 more players at the Complex this week for a minicamp. We’ll be stationed around the perimeter for a glimpse of the baseball ativities. Check-in and physicals will likely push such activities back to mid-week.
The Phillies announced the signing of Yairo Munoz to an minor league contract. He’s a 27-year-old right-handed batter who plays third base, shortstop, and the outfield. He’ll provide depth at Lehigh Valley. He has zero options left.
This is the courtesy thread for comments and discussion about the Phillies and other BASEBALL topics.
Rosters and Stuff
- organization’s rosters (2/13/22)
- organization’s injury list (2/13/22)
- organization’s Rule 5 eligibility (2/13/22) (includes player info, assignments, …)
- December 1, 2021: CBA expires
- December 2, 2021: Manfred locks out players
- TBA: Minor League spring training reporting date (probably mid-to-late February)
- April 5, 2022: Lehigh Valley season opener at home v. Columbus
- April 8, 2022: Clearwater season opener at home v. Fort Myers
- April 8, 2022: Jersey Shore season opener at home v. Aberdeen
- April 8, 2022: Reading season opener at home v. Somerset
2/01/2022 – 3B Yairo Munoz assigned to Lehigh Valley
2/01/2022 – Phillies signed FA 3B Yairo Munoz to an MiLB contract