Lehigh Valley lost 3-1 to the Durham Bulls. Paul Clemens gave up 2 runs on three hits and 5 walks while striking out nine. But it took him 89 pitches to complete 4.0 innings. Maikel Franco went 1-4 and is hitting .333. Rene Garcia went 1-3 and is hitting .278. Looks like he might warrant more starts behind the plate.
Reading beat Richmond 3-2 behind 7.0 strong innings by Aaron Nola. He gave up 2 runs (1 earned) on 5 hits. He struck out 5 and walked none. Mike Nesseth and Stephen Shackleford combined to one hit the Squirrels over the final 2 inning. Shack got his third save. Roman Quinn went 2-5 with a double and a triple. Harold Martinez went 1-2 with a triple and 2 walks. He scored on a Nola’s second sacrifice bunt, the eventual game-winning run.
Clearwater lost 8-7 to Tampa. Andrew Pullin 4-5 and 2 RBI, Andrew Knapp 3 RBI, Walding first home run. More here.
Lakewood beat Augusta, 3-1. Riccardo Pinto notched his second win with an impressive 7.0 IP, allowing 1 run on 3 hits. He struck out 5 and walked none. Alexis Rivero and Matt Hockenberry eached threw a perfect inning in relief. Hockenberry picked up his 4th save. Cord Sandberg and Carlos Tocci each went 3-5.
Here’s the affiliate scoreboard from MiLB.
Extra Innings –
- Seve Conzalez’ contract was selected by the Phillies. He made his debut in St. Louis. He got hit hard in his less than 3 innings.
- Hector Neris was optioned to LHV.
- Domonic Brown was optioned to LHV.
- LHV placed Adam Loewen on the TIL.
- XST was rained out Tuesday. Camp day Wednesday.
- Jesmuel Valentin was seen working out with the Threshers before the Tampa game.
- Back on 4/16, the DSL Phillies released RHP Yan De La Cruz