The list is free for all to read here. The scouting reports are subscriber only content, so don’t copy/paste. I’ll summarize in one sentence the reports and I’ll provide my own thoughts on the list after the jump.
01. Trevor May, RHP – Raw stuff still good, added a slider in 2011, now a 4 pitch guy, repeating his delivery better (improved command/control)
02. Jesse Biddle, LHP – Velo down, changeup/curveball both very good considering his age/experience
03. Sebastian Valle, C – Good athlete, improving defense
04. Jonathan Pettibone, RHP – Velo is up (now 90-94 touching 95) and has taken to the 2 seam fastball
05. Phillippe Aumont, RHP – Command still an issue, and apparently so is his attitude (first time I’ve heard that)
06. Freddy Galvis, SS – You’ve heard it all before, great glove, weak stick
07. Justin De Fratus, RHP – Slider has improved
08. Brody Colvin, RHP – Questions about his delivery/mechanics leading to health issues
09. Jiwan James, OF – Superb defender, better hitter lefthanded, may scrap switch hitting soon
10. Maikel Franco, 3B – Unconventional swing but great bat speed, not a good athlete but could stay at 3B or move to C
My immediate reaction below
* The big surprise is Pettibone at #4. If the reports about his velocity are true, then he’s definitely elevated his status.
* No surprise to see Aumont ranked 5th, as BA has been all over him since he was drafted. The attitude concerns are a new one for me though
* No surprise they are still very high on Jiwan James. I’ve warmed on him a bit as well, but he needs to get on the fast(er) track soon.
I won’t go in to more detail, because I don’t want to influence voting on the Reader Top 30, and because I need more time to dig/process before crafting my top 30. But, feel free to discuss, and if you’re a BA subscriber, ask lots of questions in the chat today, which starts at 2:30 PM ET.