The second annual Phuture Phillies Post Season Prospect Poll has been closed. You were asked to provide your top 30 prospects in the organization as you see them. Your criteria could have included any or all of the following – a player’s present value to the organization, his major league potential, his proximity to the major league, his professional ceiling, his age at their current level, or whatever criteria you feel is important. I received just 17 prospect lists, down from last year’s 43.
Scoring was weighted numerically -#1 got 30 points, # 2 got 29 points, … Five of the 17 polls exceeded 30 prospects. I only ranked the top thirty for each poll. I tracked the extra prospects, but didn’t assign a numerical value. One submission stopped at 25 prospects, and the submitter asked me to insert 5 worthy GCL guys at the end of his poll. I decided not to influence the poll even at the bottom end.
Random observations –
- Ten players were included on all 17 polls – Sanchez, Medina, Haseley, Bohm, Romero, De Los Santos, Moniak, Howard, Irvin, and Ortiz.
- I was surprised to see Luis Garcia was only included on 16 of the 17 polls.
- Ranger Suarez was also included on 16 of 17 polls.
- 71 players received top 30 votes.
- An additional 7 were included in submissions that surpassed 30.
- Once again, I think we produced a fair, reasonable list. Individually, we might want “our guy or guys” ranked higher, but as a list that represents the sites’ thoughts, it’s a pretty decent list. Thank you for your serious participation.
- And finally, if you don’t like the outcome, and didn’t participate, please don’t participate now with negative comments directed at the players or the participants.
This is it for polls until after Christmas.
Here is the Phuture Phillies Readers’ Post Season Top 30 Prospect List.
|Rank||Prospect||Total Points||Avg||No. of Votes Received||First Place Votes||Second Place Votes||Third Place Votes|
|7||Enyel De Los Santos||379||22.3||17|
|52||Carlos De La Cruz||17||1.0||4|