Wanted to get some conversation going so….just sitting here considering whether the Phils should make these moves:
1 Trade Shane Victorino, which will lead to….bringing up Domonic Brown, opening a spot for Leandro Castro in Lehigh Valley. This, of course, assumes Brown is healthy. (He was 2-3 with 2 runs scored and a SB with GCL Phils rehabbing today.)
2. Bring up Tyler Cloyd to the Phillies. Put him in the rotation and see what they have. What is the down side to replacing Kendrick with Cloyd at this stage, moving Kendrick to long relief and sending Sanches back down?
3. Promote Cesar Hernandez to Lehigh Valley. Release Andreas Blanco to make room and play Michael Martinez/Frandsen at SS. Frandsen should stay in the lineup as much as possible as he is the most consistent hitter on the team, but I would like to see Hernandez in Allentown before the end of the year.
4. Tyler Knigge needs to move to Reading. Nothing more to prove in Clearwater and Reading’s bullpen has been decimated by injuries and call ups. I can think of at least 3 moves to make room….
5. I am on the verge of saying Adam Morgan is ready for Reading but not quite there yet. I need another solid start or two. Colvin maybe two starts behind Morgan. The most obvious move to make room would be Mario Hollands back to Clearwater where he belongs.
6. Luis Paulino should be a promotion candidate for the Clearwater bullpen….
7. Chris Serritella moved up to Lakewood with another solid 2 weeks to finish the year with the BlueClaws with a corresponding move sending Chris Duffy to Clearwater.
Ok, feel free to agree or rip me now….