The rosters were announced at the end of August last year, and the Phillies sent 9 guys; Bisenius, Happ, Outman, Mathieson, Savery, Marson, Golson, and Costanzo. Reminder on eligibility, for those who are unfamiliar with the process;
Each Major League organization is required to provide six players subject to the following requirements:
- All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible, provided the players are on at least a Double-A level roster no later than Aug. 1.
- One player below the Double-A level is allowed per Major League team.
- One foreign player is allowed, as long as the player does not reside in a country that participates in winter ball, as part of the Caribbean Confederation or the Australian winter league.
- No players with more than one year of credited Major League service as of August 31 are eligible, except a team may select one player picked in the most recently concluded Major League Rule 5 Draft.
- To be eligible, players on Minor League disabled lists must be activated at least 45 days before the conclusion of their respective seasons.
So. Donald, Marson, Happ, Carrasco, Garcia and then maybe Savery again? I believe some teams end up sending fewer than 6 and then other teams send more, as the Phillies did last year. Any other suggestions?